Stir-Fried Spinach (Yin Choi) With Garlic Recipe. How To Stir-Fry Spinach
Here is extremerely easy dish to fix. This is a kind of homey dish and very popular in East and Southeast Asian. This is a 100 % vegetarian dish. You will just need under 15 minutes to prepare it. Quick, easy and a very affordable dish for everyone. But do not underestimate, this is a dish that packs a lot of flavor and benefit.
This stir-fry is perfect for busy and tired days or when you have cooking blues. I think stir-fry is a great way to enjoy spinach. This cooking method will bring out it's substle flavor and texture.
Here is the reasons why you will love stir-fried spinach with garlic:
- easy and quick to fix
- low in fat
- high in fiber
- great source of vitamins, minerals, calcium and iron
What you need is a bunch of spinach and garlic. I prefer to use Asian spinach or amaranth, either green or red amaranth but if it's not available, you can use regular spinach (from genus Spinacia). Spinacia has very similar flavor and taste to amaranth. In Asia, Amaranth is a very affordable iron source instead of beef or milk. Red amaranth is consumed to increase red blood cell count.
Wonderfully flavored with garlic, this stir-fry is rich in flavor as it's rich in nutrients. This a simple vegetable dish that even picky eater kids will love !.
What You Need
1 bunch spinach
2 tbsp cooking oil
3 - 4 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 tsp salt
1/8 tsp sugar
How to Fix
- Wash and rinse spinach under cold running water. Drain and pat them dry with paper towels or using a salad spinner to remove any excess water.
- Preheat a wok over high heat. When hot, add in cooking oil and garlic. Stir-fry 15 seconds or until it is fragrant.
- Thrown the spinach in. Stir-fry 45 seconds or until it begins to wilt.
- Sprinkle on sugar and salt. Continue to stir-fry 1 minute. Turn off the heat. Transfer to serving dish.
Cooking Tips: How to Pick Spinach
Easy and Quick Chinese Recipes
- Stir-Fried Asparagus with Spicy Sichuan Sauce Recipe. How to Cook Chinese Style Asparagus!
- Chinese Stir-Fried Shrimp With Sichuan Peppercorn Recipe
- Easy Stir-Fried Eggs and Tomatoes Recipe. How to Make Easy Chinese Stir-Fry!
- Stir-Fried Water Spinach (Ong Choy) With Fermented Bean Curd Recipe. How To Make Vegetarian Stir-Fri
- Stir-Fried Yu Choy Sum With Oyster Sauce And Garlic Recipe
- Yang Chow Fried Rice Recipe
- Easy Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Tofu Recipe. How to make Chinese Stir fry!
- Chinese Stir-Fried Clams With Bean Sauce And Chili. How to Stir-Fry Clams !
- Stir-Fried Garlicky Shanghai Bok Choy. An Easy Vegetarian Dish
- Stir-Fried Chinese Beef Curry Recipe
- Stir-Fried Mongolian Lamb Recipe
- Stir-Fried Mongolian Lamb Recipe
- Chinese Stir-Fried Lettuce With Garlic Recipe. A Quick And Easy Chinese Auspicious Dish.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Bean Sprouts With Bean Sauce Recipe. An Easy Vegetarian Dish
- Chicken With Black Bean Sauce Stir-Fried Recipe
- Stir-Fried Cantonese Beef Chow Fun Recipe
- Chinese Stir-Fried Chicken With Mango Recipe. How To Stir-Fry Mango !
More by this Author
Steamed meatball is pretty common dim sum food. It can be made of beef, chicken, fish, shrimp or squid. My kid's favorite is steamed pork balls. They are soft, wonderful and flavorful. Fixing steamed meatballs at home...
Vegetable curry (Ca Ri Chay) Flickr by Pelican Here is a vegetarian curry with big flavors. This Vietnamese curry is made of eggplants, potatoes and tofu, flavored with lemon grass and spicy curry powder, enriched with...
Baked BBQ Pork Bun Jason Lam If you are familiar with dim sum, you may know how delicious Chinese pork buns are. Pork buns can be steamed or baked. Char siu bao is steamed bun with bbq pork filling. The baked version...