Stir Fry Brown Rice Preparation Technique : How to Make Stir Fried Rice
Stir Fry Brown Rice Preparation Technique
Rice is the staple food of more than fifty percent of the world population. I grew up eating brown rice specifically as it is more healthier. In the preparation of stir fry brown rice with veggies, it is best if you cooked it first with the rice cooker bearing in mind how many people are going to eat it. Stir fried brown rice which when mixed with veggies is a complete meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can have stir fried brown rice and use seafoods, meat or chicken as ingredients. You just need to add fish, meat and fruits for your other nutrient requirement to stir fried brown rice and it will be a complete meal.
There are hundreds of variants of rice available all over the world and can be classified according to color -- white versus brown rice, stickiness, sizes and country specific variants. Rice can be flavorful too like Jasmine rice -- my favorite rice. Brown rice is the healthiest variant of rice. Plus you can buy them anywhere at supermarkets and Asian store here in the US.
Brown rice -- a healthywhole grain food
Health benefits of brown rice :
- Rich source of energy as it is rich in carbohydrates
- One cup of brown rice is sufficient for your daily needed grain requirements
- it is easily digestible and source of good fiber
- it is also rich in other vitamin nutrients like Vitamin A and B
- It is filling and good to the taste once you mixed it with other main foods like meat and seafoods preparation
Basic rice cooker -- cooked the brown rice with this before you stir fry it with the wok
Wok to fry the brown rice and veggies
leaves of pandan can be put inside the rice cooker with the rice
Brown fried rice stir fried with veggies
Stir Fried Brown Rice Preparation
Brown rice can be prepared in easy steps to achieve the flavorful and aromatic brown rice experience. Cooking technique of brown rice covers from making it sure that the grain is clean by removing the bad grains, washing it and making ti sure that you follow the amount of water needed for cooking.
Rice cooker is the best way to cook rice as it is easily cook with the proper temperature and time. it is best to leave the brown rice and leave it on even after cooking the rice so that it remains hot and is ready for anybody who would like to eat.
For fried rice, you can make the brown rice cooler first before you stir fry it
- First like any grain, check if there are bad grains which are mixed with the brown rice, since it is brown, you need to check it carefully
- Then wash the rice properly, once only and very briefly so that the nutrients will not be lost
- Usually the preparation is one cup of brown rice with two cups of water
- Put the leaves of pandan or banana leaves to have some aroma to it, it smells good with rice. Pandan leaves give aroma to rice so that it smells good just cut it five inches long
- Set the rice cooker and while waiting for it to be cooked, set the other ingredients ready for you to fry the brown rice with a wok
- Always use a wok and the heat should be strong and keep on mixing the food you are cooking with a wok -- brown rice
- The other ingredients will depend on your preferred style of cooking, I use egg, shrimp, or meat -- the basic, cut carrots, green beans, chopped onions and garlic
- When the brown rice is ready (meaning it is cooked), cool it and wait for it to be cold, and then I use my hands for mushing the rice
- Heat the wok and put canola or olive oil
- Brown the garlic chopped and onion then set it aside on the wok, put the shrimp or the sliced meat as ingredients, brown it, then put the carrots green pepper
- Put some soy sauce to have the taste you desire
- Set it aside in one corner of the wok, and then get the egg and cooked it scrambled style when it is cooked put the brown rice and add little bit of salt.
The technique is to put many ingredients whether it is shrimp (I like this), meat - pork or poultry so that it is tastier and more aromatic because of the spices you will add according to your taste
Served it hot.
Check out other hubs about Rice
Comments 26 comments
Cooking Technique HUBS
- Healthy Preparation of Cold Fruit Salad
Like I always say, summer time is fun time and while enjoying summer activities and the fruits, flowers and vegetables are fresher than ever people like to eat fruits and vegetables during summer. Fruit salad...
- Preparing Fresh Fruits for Smoothies : Vegetable and Fruit Smoothies
it is summertime, fun time again and as it gets very hot all people in the households are all waiting for smoothies to be served. Smoothies gets children going and it is one way of making them eat healthy...
- Low Temperature Roasting For Flavorful Meat
Roasting like grilling and barbecuing is as old as our forefathers. It has been practiced by people since the start of civilization. They just use open fire roasting specially in the open fields where they...
- Fish Grilling Techniques
Fish Grilling techniques. It is summertime, fun time, summer outdoor grilling is an activity we never fail to do, and grilling fish is a superb activity because fish is healthy and nutritious. In fact,...
- Grilled Home Style Brine Pork Barbecue
Grilled Home Style Brine Pork Barbecue Technique. It is summertime in the Western world and we are off to a hot summer. The sweltering heat of the sun makes for a dip at the swimming pool and a good barbecue...
- Techniques in Cooking Dried Beans
Beans is defined as any of various leguminous plants. Beans belong to the genus Phaseolus such as the "common bean plus the runner bean, and the related genus Vigna" of the family of pea. Examples of beans...
- Techniques on How to Boil and Grill Corn on the Cob
Techniques on How to Boil and Grill Corn on the Cob. It is very easy to cook -- grill and boil corn and you can master it in simple steps. The basic of grilling and boiling the corn comes with a fresh corn to...
- List of Healthy Cooking Oils
Well, cooking oil which contains fat can be healthy too. Fat as a nutrient is needed by the body but should not be taken in excess amount because it is bad to the overall health. Excessive use of it is the...
- Techniques in Making Hot Chili Sauce
There are many chili hot sauce and many variants which are available in the local supermarkets from jalapenos, Heinz chili tomato sauce (not so chilly) and lots of South East Asian variants of hot chili...
More by this Author
The United Kingdom (UK) and its territories the Ireland (and the Northern Ireland), Wales, Scotland and England produced many known personalities in the world of entertainment, culture, arts, history and the body of...
Are you prepared to eat "balut" -- ducks egg, bagoong -- shrimp paste, fish sauces and taste some tropical produce? Let us add rice cakes which has many variations that you will love. Rice is of course the...
In honor of the Cinco de Mayo (May 5) celebration, I will feature in this hub the beautiful, best and famous Mexican actresses and actors. Cinco de Mayo is a celebration in Mexico and in other parts of the world where...