Strawberries and Cream \ Eton Mess
Is there any food that signifies summer more than Strawberries and Cream. Its so easy to make and super quick too. I also love Eton Mess, so strawberries, cream and meringue. This most be one of the ultimate english desserts. The history of the dessert is that it was served at Eton Colleges annual cricket game against Winchester. According to Wikipedia meringue is a later addition and it replaced ice-cream. You can have giant Eton Mess with a huge meringue or individual ones within a smaller nest as I have done here.
Whether with meringue or not strawberries and cream are always wonderful to have, pretty healthy (if you dont have too much cream!!), and so easy to make.
- 150ml double or whipping cream
- 400g Strawberries, Quartered
- Juice of 1 Orange
- Pinch of Salt
- 2tblsp Icing sugar \ caster sugar
- 1-4 Meringue Nests, If making Eton Mess
- Add sugar, salt, Orange Juice, Strawberries to Bowl. Mix and put in fridge for 30 minutes to soak
- When Strawberries are ready - whip cream
- If making Strawberries and Cream, run cream through Strawberries and serve
- If making Eton Mess, place cream on Meringues put Strawberries on Top and serve
More by this Author
No comments yet.