Strawberry Hazelnut Smoothie
If the same old smoothie is getting a little blah, try this variation with a little hazelnut spread inside. My favorite spread is Nutella, and I was generous with the spoonful I added.
The Nutella transforms the basic strawberry smoothie into a more satisfying treat. It stops cravings for chocolate and is filling enough to be the only thing you eat for lunch.
- 4 large strawberries
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut spread
- 2 scoops vanilla frozen yogurt
- Cut tops off strawberries, then cut into quarter pieces.
- Place strawberries in blender. Add remaining ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour in a tall glass and enjoy!
Note: I created this recipe today, April 23, 2012. If a similar recipe exists, I am not aware. I got the idea from a Strawberry, Nutella and Fluff Pizza I make for dessert occassionally. The pizza I created from a merger of two items I love from the restaurant PB&U: PB Pizza and the February 2012 Special-Chocolate PB, Strawberry and Fluff Sandwich.
More Hubs with creative food ideas
- Penguin theme party makes little feet happy
Children who love penguins will love these ideas for a penguin-themed party.
- Not So Lazy Days: Making Harry Potter's Chocolate Frogs the muggle way
How to easily make the Chocolate Frogs from the Harry Potter series (sans cards with moving wizards) at home.
- Not So Lazy Days: Forming Rice Krispies baseball treats
More by this Author
Between Peter Pan (and the cartoon spin-off, Jake and the Neverland Pirates) and The Pirates of the Caribbean movie series, children have plenty of inspiration for role-play or for Halloween costumes.
How to make most superhero costumes - no sew, easy ideas. Includes how to make belts, capes and even a skirt worthy of warriors like Wonder Woman.
Pow! Zap! Rise as Batman villains for Halloween with these no-sew DIY ideas.