Strawberry Hazelnut Smoothie
If the same old smoothie is getting a little blah, try this variation with a little hazelnut spread inside. My favorite spread is Nutella, and I was generous with the spoonful I added.
The Nutella transforms the basic strawberry smoothie into a more satisfying treat. It stops cravings for chocolate and is filling enough to be the only thing you eat for lunch.
- 4 large strawberries
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut spread
- 2 scoops vanilla frozen yogurt
- Cut tops off strawberries, then cut into quarter pieces.
- Place strawberries in blender. Add remaining ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour in a tall glass and enjoy!
Note: I created this recipe today, April 23, 2012. If a similar recipe exists, I am not aware. I got the idea from a Strawberry, Nutella and Fluff Pizza I make for dessert occassionally. The pizza I created from a merger of two items I love from the restaurant PB&U: PB Pizza and the February 2012 Special-Chocolate PB, Strawberry and Fluff Sandwich.
More Hubs with creative food ideas
- Penguin theme party makes little feet happy
Children who love penguins will love these ideas for a penguin-themed party.
- Not So Lazy Days: Making Harry Potter's Chocolate Frogs the muggle way
How to easily make the Chocolate Frogs from the Harry Potter series (sans cards with moving wizards) at home.
- Not So Lazy Days: Forming Rice Krispies baseball treats
More by this Author
Many actors have seen their characters turned into Lego minifigures, but who has received the honor the most?
Pow! Zap! Rise as Batman villains for Halloween with these no-sew DIY ideas.
Parents can take the superheroes of the big screen and colorful books and create a party kids will love.