Chicken Breasts Stuffed With Olives and Feta
I remember the first time I had stuffed chicken breasts and thought why would anyone go to all the trouble of stuffing individual chicken breasts. Once I tasted it I then knew why as it was delicious.
Over the years I've followed different recipes to make stuffed chicken breasts. Yesterday I decided to come up with my own recipe for the stuffing and I must say they came out very tasty.
To go along with the breasts I served vegetables, a garden salad along with oven fries/chips. Included below is a recipe for the oven fries.
Ingredients for the stuffing
Ingredients for Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups of cubed bread
- 1/4 cup of sliced black olives
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated or pressed
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 1/2 cup of Feta cheese, that has been soaked in brine
- 1 tsp of Greek seasoning
- 4-8 slices of Prosciutto ham
- 12 toothpicks
- 4 tbs of Greek salad dressing
- vegetable or olive oil cooking spray
Why feta that's in brine?
I used the wet feta rather than the dryer type as I didn't have anything in the stuffing recipe that would give the stuffing any moisture other than the grated garlic. If you want to use another type of cheese or the dryer feta I would suggest adding an egg to the dressing mix.
- You can either start by preparing your chicken breasts to stuff or prepare the stuffing first. Take the washed chicken breast and with a sharp knife slice vertically into the thick part on the side of the meat making a pocket. When you make the slice don't slice all the way through.
- For the stuffing cut up and cube or tear any type of bread or rolls you may have, yielding 2 cups. Add the bread cubes to a bowl along with sliced black olives, grated garlic, chopped onions, feta cheese that comes in brine, and Greek seasoning. Mix everything together really well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray an oven safe dish or pan with cooking oil spray and set aside.
- Split the stuffing mix into 4 sections mushing each section in the palm of your hand. Push the stuffing mix into each chicken breast pocket spreading evenly.
- Wrap each chicken breast with one or two slices of prosciutto ham, and fasten into place with toothpicks making sure to close up the sliced pockets in the chicken breasts.
- Place the chicken breasts into the pan and drizzle with Greek salad dressing. Pop into the oven for 30 - 35 minutes or until cooked. If using a meat thermometer it should read 160 - 165.
If you think you may like this please rate my recipe.
These are a tad bit thicker than what a chip would be and they went along quite well with the chicken breasts.
- 6 large russet potatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- garlic powder
- Cajun spice
- Sea Salt
Instructions for the Oven Fries
- Wash and thinly slice the potatoes. Place the sliced ones in a bowl of cold water until all potatoes are sliced. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Toss in a bowl with the extra virgin olive oil. Place all the sliced oiled potatoes onto an oven safe pan. I used an extra large pizza pan. Sprinkle with spices and place into the oven for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and ENJOY!
More by this Author
Recipe for pork chops baked in the oven with cream of mushroom soup and potatoes. Very easy recipe to follow.
An easy to follow recipe with complete instructions and pictures for chicken enchiladas.
When was Frosty first written and how did he come about?