Stuffed Meatloaf Recipe
The thought of having Meatloaf for dinner never thrilled my kids. In fact when I was growing up and my Mom would make Meatloaf my sisters and I would be pretty disappointed as well. It was just boring. Well, Meatloaf isn't boring anymore! It can actually be delicious when you get a little inventive and add a few tasty, even healthy ingredients. Here is a recipe that will dress up your Meatloaf and make it enticing.
Ingredients for the Meatloaf
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb. Italian Sausage
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 slices of bread, cubed or 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp rubbed sage
- Garlic Powder to taste
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Catsup
Make the Meatloaf
- Brown the ground beef and Italian sausage, drain.
- Mix in remaining ingredients except for the catsup.
- Shape 1/2 of the mixture into a loaf
- Place in an ungreased 8X8 baking dish.
Ingredients for the Stuffing
- 3 green onions and stems sliced
- 4 mushrooms (I use Baby Bella) sliced and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup spinach leaves, torn
- 4 pieces of string cheese
Make the Stuffing and Add it to the Meatloaf
- Sauté green onions, mushrooms and spinach leaves in olive oil
- Pull apart 2 pieces of string cheese and place on top of the shaped loaf in the baking dish
- Spread the sauteed vegetables on top of the string cheese
- Pull apart the remaining 2 pieces of string cheese and place on top of the vegetables
Put the Meatloaf Together and Bake It
- Shape the remaining half of the meat loaf mixture and place on top of the string cheese
- Press the edges of the Meatloaf lightly together
- Spoon catsup over the top of the Meatloaf
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the meatloaf is no longer pink inside.
I served this with baked sweet potatoes with a dollop of butter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
More by this Author
My sister gave me a gorgeous potted tuberous Begonia that thrived and bloomed all summer. My goal is to keep this "annual" flower safely stored for the Winter and restart it in the Spring.
Butterfly Pork Chops have little fat to trim off and are so tender. Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy is a very simple recipe that I have been making for years. Few ingredients are needed, it's easy to throw together at...
Does a rubber oil pan drain plug work. Not really. The self threading piggy back oil pan drain plug cold welded in place is the answer!