Stuffed Peppers Recipes
Stuffed Pepper Recipes
Not only are stuffed peppers delicious but they are also good for you with all kinds of nutrients and vitamins. All my life or at least since I became a Chef over thirty years ago I have worked at coming up with the perfect stuffed pepper recipe. And here on this hub page you will find some of the most delicious recipes for stuffed peppers that you will ever taste.
Bell peppers are just simply packed with all kinds of vitamins and nutrients especially Vitamin C which is a powerful anti-oxidant. And we all know that Vitamin C can control or even stop the common cold or flu. Red and yellow bell peppers have more nutrients than green bell peppers. The red bell peppers have the most nutrients and vitamins.
How To Make Stuffed Peppers
How To Make Stuffed Peppers
Italian Stuffed Peppers
Here is a recipe for delicious Italian Stuffed Peppers that have a true taste of Italy that every one is sure to enjoy. I love Italian food of all types and if you follow this recipe you will be rewarded with some of the best stuffed peppers your ever going to taste.
1. Four Bell Peppers of any color.Now you will want to cut off their tops and clean them out well with a spoon being sure to get all the membranes and seeds. Rinse them out well.
2. Four slices of Garlic Bread toasted well so it is crunchy. You will want to break your garlic bread up into very small pieces.
3. One 18 Ounce Can Crushed Italian Tomatoes.
4. One Half Cup Mozzarella Shredded Cheese.
5. One Half Cup Parmesan Cheese. , Use fresh grated.
6. One Half Cup fine Diced Button Mushrooms.
7. One Tablespoon Crushed Fresh Garlic.
8. One Teaspoon Basil.
9. One Teaspoon Oregano.
10. Two Tablespoons Fine Grated Sweet Onion.
Mix all the ingredients except the peppers in a large bowl. Drain your tomatoes before you add them to the bowl.
Fill your four bell peppers with the stuffing and place the bell peppers into a baking dish. Add one inch of water to the baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes. About every 10 minutes baste your bell peppers with the water.
I think you will find that this recipe for Italian Stuffed Peppers will be oh so delicious. Serve with a tossed salad and garlic bread for a delicious meal.
Greek Stuffed Peppers
I make these Greek Stuffed Peppers often and almost everyone that tries them says they are some of the best stuffed peppers they have ever tasted. I like to make these with various colors of bell peppers. You'll want to cut the tops off the bell peppers and clean out the seeds and membranes well.
You will want to mix the below ingredients together well in a large bowl and mix well before you stuff your peppers.
1. 4 Slices of Garlic Bread cooked to a crusty brown and crushed up well.
2. 1/2 Cup Ricotta Cheese.
3. 1/2 Cup Feta Cheese Crumbles.
4. 1/2 Cup Ground Lamb browned and well drained.
5. 1 Tablespoon Fresh Grated Garlic.
6. 2 Tablespoons Fine Minced Sweet Onion.
7. 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Basil.
8. 1 Teaspoon Ground Sea Salt.
9. 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper.
10. 1/2 Cup Fine Diced Italian Tomatoes.
Mix all your ingredients together well and stuff your bell peppers with it. Place your stuffed bell peppers in a baking dish and add an inch of water to the dish.
Cook your Greek Stuffed Bell Peppers for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. As the bell peppers cook baste them with water about every 10 minutes while they are cooking. You don't want them to dry out. Serve with a Greek Salad and Garlic Bread for a great meal.
All American Stuffed Bell Peppers
Here is a recipe that a lot of people love. Here again I suggest you use various colored bell peppers so they will look really pretty while you are serving them. Cut the tops off your bell peppers and carefully clean the seeds and membranes out of your peppers. Wash them out and shake dry. Stuff your peppers with the below.
1. One Pound Ground Beef browned and drained well.
2. One Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
3. One 15 - 16 Ounce Can Tomatoes with Green Chilies.
4. One Half Cup Sour Cream.
5. Two Tablespoons Fine Minced Sweet Onion.
6. 1/2 Cup Long Grain Rice.
7. One Teaspoon Ground Sea Salt.
8. One Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper.
9. One Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce.
Mix all of the above up well and stuff your peppers with the mixture. Set your peppers in a baking dish and add a inch of water. Cook your peppers at 350 degrees for 40 minutes and as they cook baste them with the water. Serve a garden salad and garlic bread with the peppers for a delicious meal.
I hope you enjoy the stuffed bell pepper recipes and I hope you will post your comments , tips , suggestions , and questions below now. And thanks for taking the time to read my hub page on stuffed bell peppers.
More by this Author
Jamaican Curry Goat is now popular all over the world. Curry Goat is a dish that originated in Jamaica but it has now spread all over the world and it is very popular in some parts of the USA. If you can't purchase or...
Here's a recipe for making a Chocolate Cake In A Mug. If your looking for a quick new dessert that you can make quickly and easily then you've found it. And once you ever make one of these cakes I bet you'll make...
If you want to know exactly how to grow a vegetable garden here is all the information you will ever need.