How to Cook Chicken Breast with Stuffing Recipe
Healthy Chicken Breast Recipes
Roast Chicken Breast Recipe
How To Make a Homemade Stuffing with Roast Chicken Breast.
The chicken breast can also be cooked in bulk so that it can be frozen and used in the weeks ahead. I find this extremely handy especially as it tastes just as good from the freezer as the day it was cooked.
Or the leftover chicken can be made into delicious sandwiches the following day. I have included step by step instructions with photos on how to cook this main dish.
I prepare and cook this roast stuffed chicken dinner in my own home. The recipe below is for eight portions but if you are not happy with freezing the food then you can use half the ingredients I have given here.
Homemade Stuffing Recipe
My motto is that Homemade if possible is always best.I always make my own stuffing because it tastes better and I can add in the extra ingredients that I like. I will give the basic recipe for my stuffing here and you too can add as much or as little of your favorite extra ingredients.
Free Range Chicken
When I buy the meat I always prefer to buy free range if I can afford it. This is a personal choice as I believe the way farmers breed and farm chickens and turkeys in these battery farms are inhumane and cruel beyond belief.
But I know the meat is a lot more expensive. This stuffed chicken recipe works just the same for free range poultry as it does for that bought from the more intensive farming methods.
Serves 8 portions
- 9 large chicken breast pieces
- 1 large uncut white bread loaf; bought the day before, opened to let it go stale.
- 1 packet of breadcrumbs
- 4 large onions
- Large amount of fresh parsley
- Small amount of dried mixed herbs
- A packet of Butter or margarine
Homemade Stuffing Recipe
1. Turn on the oven to preheat as you prepare the homemade stuffing.
1. Break up the uncut white loaf in to small pieces and place in a large bowl. Add the packet of breadcrumbs and mix in well.
Making your own homemade stuffing means you can decide just how you like it. It is a matter of preference just how small you break up the bread and how much stuffing you like to make.
2. Cut a large bunch of the parsley in to small pieces and add to the breadcrumbs.
I find fresh parsley is best for taste. In most supermarkets and stores fresh parsley can be bought in either packets or as a small plant.
3, Add a tablespoon of dried mixed herbs. Mix in well.
Preparing the Onions
3. Peel and cut three of the onions in to very small pieces.
4. Melt some butter in a pot and add the onions a few at a time. Cook on a very low heat until the onions are soft and have turned slightly brown.
5. Add the cooked onions to the stuffing mixture and blend in well.
6. Melt a few nobs of butter in the same pot and add to the stuffing
7. Add any other optional ingredients at this stage. This can be small amount of sausage meat, nuts, peppers etc.
8 My favorite is tomatoes. I also cut in to very small pieces two medium sized tomatoes and add to the breadcrumbs.
9. Season the stuffing to your taste with salt and pepper
1. Cut up the last onion into medium pieces and melt in the pot with some butter.
2. Get you roasting dish ready by adding a large piece of tin foil.
3. Add the onion that has been just cooked to the bottom of this dish. Spread evenly.
4. Take out the chicken or turkey pieces and put on top of the onions in the dish.
5. Then add the stuffing directly on top of the chicken or turkey breasts. Close up the tin foil.
Roast Stuffed Chicken Breast
1. Put the dish in the preheated oven on the top shelf.
2. Leave on the highest heat for ten minutes and then lower down to 200 degrees for one and a half hours.
3. Remove from the oven. The stuffing on top will be well done. You need to stir this around in order to evenly distribute all the juices from the meat.
4. Put back in oven for fifteen minutes with the tin foil top open. This allows for the stuffing to get a nice crispy finish.
5. Take out of the oven and test the chicken portions to see if they are cooked by piercing with a knife. If it goes straight through then it is cooked.
1. Leave the cooked roast chicken in the dish. It is always better for flavour if any meat is left for at least fifteen minutes before being served.
2. Prepare the potatoes and vegetables for the main meal.
3. Serve up and enjoy.
How to Freeze Fresh Parsley
I usually buy the parsley fresh because the taste is so much nicer. Fresh parsley is also a lot cheaper. It can be bought in packets or as a small plant. If you buy the plant then it will last longer and stay fresh for a few weeks.
But I find any left over parsley is easy to freeze. Once your dinner is in the oven get the remaining parsley and cut up in to small pieces. Separate in to workable amounts. Put in a bag and freeze.
The next time you need parsley it is there ready for you, washed, clean and cut up.
I find if I cook too much stuffing for a recipe that I made that day then it always freezes very well.
It should be cooked though as raw onions do not freeze and left to go cold. Separate into workable portions and store in a bag. Put in the freezer.
The extra stuffing can then be used for other recipes when needed.
Homemade Stuffing with Roasted Chicken Breast
As you can see from the step by step instructions above this recipe makes a delicious main dish for any family dinner.
The roast chicken does not take long to cook. This dish is also a great meal that can be prepared in advance or in bulk and stored in the freezer too.
Homemade stuffing is very easy to make and the advantages are many. You can add whatever extra ingredients you and your family prefer. The stuffing is always a lot cheaper and you know you have prepared it in a safe and hygienic way.
All Images are the copyright of L.M.Reid
More by this Author
Recipe for Hamburger. How To Make the Best Hamburgers Recipes.
How to make stuffed steak recipe. Easy Recipes for Roast Potatoes and Cauliflower Cheese
Titanic Passengers who died or survived on the ship when it sank. 1st, 2nd, 3rd class passengers