Great One Pan Recipe: Mexican Pie
This was a recipe I put together to use up some left over taco meat with beans, although you can use whatever you have around, I will show you how to make it from scratch. Easy wholesome recipe that is great for a work night when there isn't much time to cook. Great paired with a salad for a meal on the rush.
- 1 Corn bread mix prepared
- 1 1/2 cups leftover taco meat and beans, (or)
- 1/2 pound ground beef, filling
- 1/2 cup onion chopped, filling
- 2 tsp finely chopped jalapeno, filling
- 2 tsp cumin, filling
- 1 tsp chili powder, pepper, salt, garlic, filling
- 1/2 cup cooked and drained black or pinto beans, filling
- 4 tsp sour cream, topping
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, topping
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, topping
- Prepare cornbread as instructed on box. Grease pan and pour cornbread mix in.
- Brown meat and all other ingredients for filling together. You can choose to cook the tomatoes as well, though it is your choice. I like
- Drain meat and then pour it in the cornbread mix. Sprinkle top with cheese and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees F. To check to make sure it is done, stick a knife or toothpick into the middle.
- Let cool and then cut. Top with sour cream and fresh diced tomatoes.
More by this Author
5 great ways to use one of the staples in your pantry for quick meal idea
Here is the answer to the age old question. Below are five recipes and meal plans for a week of dinners accompanied by a small grocery list to create them; all under 30 dollars. The amount of food is plenty for 2-4...
A quick and easy cheesecake recipe that takes only a few minutes to prepare with a pre-made graham cracker crust. Everyone will love this!
No comments yet.