Pineapple Sherbet Recipe - A Super Easy and Tasty Homemade Ice Cream
Sherbet is frozen juice and is extremely refreshing and thirst quenching. If your children often ask for ice-cream, snow ice, 7-eleven’s Slurpee, or frozen drinks, then consider making this pineapple sherbet at home. This homemade ice-cream is super easy; all you need is the pineapple and sugar. High in fruit content, naturally coloured, it is healthier than any commercial ice-cream since you can control the sugar level and avoid adding the harmful colourings added into the dessert. Not only it is yummy, it is probably cheaper too !
For smoother sherbet texture, it must be frozen quickly at a very low temperature. Here is the recipe :
Easier method but wasteful
More difficult version but you get more pineapple
Pineapple Sherbet Recipe
About 900g (2 Ib) pineapple (1)
½ cup sugar (2)
Notes on selecting the ingredients :
(1) If you choose naturally sweet pineapple, you can reduce the amount of sugar or avoid adding the sugar totally.
(2) For healthier choice, use molasses or second best option: brown sugar, or no sugar at all)
1) An hour before you place the sherbet mixture into the refrigerator, reduce the freezing compartment of your refrigerator to the lowest temperature.
2) Remove the edible part of the pineapple from its skin.
3) Cut the pineapple into small pieces.
4) Add sugar if necessary and blend until smooth. (Avoid adding water, diluted pineapple sherbet is less tasty)
5) Pour the mixture into a big stainless steel dish with flat bottom. The height of the pineapple mixture should be about 3cm (or 2 inches), enough depth for you to do the scooping later. Pour into a second container if it is necessary.
6) Place it in the non-freezer refrigerator compartment to cool for several minutes.
7) Transfer the pineapple mixture to the freezer to freeze for 2 to 4 hours.
8) If you don’t mind doing additional work to make the sherbet smoother, take the frozen sherbet out every few hours (when it is about to frozen), stir it or blend it and put it back into the freezer compartment to repeat the freezing process.
What You Will Need To Make Sherbet
The text and all images on this page, unless otherwise indicated, are owned by Ingenira who hereby asserts her copyright on the material. Permission must be granted by the author in writing prior to copy or republish this article in print or online. However, please feel free to copy the first paragraph with a link back to this page. Thank you.
More by this Author
This sugar-free healthy cake makes you feel fuller longer and prevents overeating, and it is gluten-free !I like to make this cake for parties and gatherings, and friends often asked me for the recipe.
- 57Low Fat Carrot Cake Recipe - The Best I have Tasted - Using Grape Seed Oil Instead of Butter or Margarine
This low fat carrot cake is incredibly delicious, the best I have ever tasted. The cake is rich with flavour and moist, but no butter or margarine is used, only the healthy grape seed oil is required. Try the recipe,...
Life is about constant change, but one thing will never change, which is : You mean everything to me and I will love you till the end of life.