Hot Pocket Recipe
Family Size Hot Pocket
Here is a super quick, easy recipe I came up with the other night. "I like to call it, my make something quick meal, before they start eating the walls meal." I threw a couple of things together, that most people have in their kitchens already, and came up with this family size hot pocket.
My family loved it and I hope you do too. If you want to change the type of meat, or use a meat alternative instead, the results should still be pretty yummy. Just make sure to use the same amount of whatever your using, or it might not turn out right.
"Oh and my walls were saved from torture and teeth marks. Yes, Score for mom! "
"Always remember, meals don't have to be expensive and decadent to be tasty. "
- 8 Stacks of thin sliced steak, the same kind of meat you use for philly cheese steaks
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Cans biscuits, any brand will work
- 1 Cup mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 Cup onions, finely diced
- 4 Cups shredded cheddar cheese, the thicker shreds tend to work better
- 2 Sprays cooking oil spray
- 1 Glass baking dish
You do not have to use the exact same amount of ingredients I used. You can give it your own twist, by simply adding more or less of something.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook your meat until it is no longer pink.
- Once your meat is done add your onions, garlic and mushrooms and cook just long enough to get your onions brown.
- Now spray your glass baking dish with your cooking spray until it is completely covered.
- Open up both your cans of biscuits making two huge balls of dough for the top and bottom layers.
- Flatten your balls into two different almost pizza looking layers.
- Place your bottom layer in your pan and start covering it with your meat mixture.
- Add a cup of your cheese to each layer of meat you put on I put three layers of meat two layers of cheese.
- Place your second layer of dough on and pinch it together with the bottom to form what looks like a big hot pocket.
- Add the remainder of the cheese to the top of your dough and place in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes and enjoy.
Good cooking is not based on how much time you spend making it, but by how much time it takes your family to eat it. Considering they had it all devoured and asking for more, before I even had a chance to get any, this family size hot pocket will be a guaranteed winner for my kids and hubby, they can not wait for me to cook it again.
© 2012 Mary
More by this Author
I love this recipe my mother used to make these for me all the time growing up. She always cooks with so much love and passion. Here is a recipe for my mom's southern, fried, okra.
I love this healthy alternative to the average hamburger. In this healthy recipe, I will show you how to make a healthy vegetable bean burger. You never know, you might be pleasantly surprised.
You don't have to spend a fortune on a beauty product for it to work. Some of the best natural, cruelty-free products can be made at home with items you would find in your fridge or cabinet.