Bengali Dessert Recipe - Sweet Rice With Coconut Milk (Narkel Dudher Payesh)
This is a most loving dessert for Bengalies. It is also familiar in Southern part of India with a little variation. You can try it now!
Ingredients Serve for 2 -4
- Coconut 1no
- Milk ½ ltr.
- Sugar 100 gm
- Basmati rice 50 gm
- Cashew nut 25 gm
- Almond 10 gm
- Cinnamon 1pc
- Cardamom 5 no
- Bay leaf 2 no
- Grate the coconut.
- Add a little hot water to it.
- Grind and press the mixture through a coarse cloth to extract thick milk. Keep it aside.
- Soak rice for 30 minutes and then drain the water.
- Take the milk in a pan and add the rice.
- Cook on low flame till the milk thickens and the rice is done.
- Add sugar, cashew nut, cardamom, cinnamon and bay leaf.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cashew nut and almond.
- Serve cool as dessert.
More by this Author
It is simply unbelievable! Losing eight pounds in a single week! But it is true and personally I have loosened eight pounds in a single week by following the GM Diet plan. I had no faith in weight loosing...
This is a TV serial of India in Hindi Language aired by Color Television Channel since December 1, 2008. In the first six months the show revolved around two small girls Ichcha and Tapasya who were from totally...
‘Holding the horse’s reins in her teeth, flashing the sword with both the hands, the valiant firebrand, legendary heroine, the Goddess of war, and the epitome of female bravery in India, Maharani Lakshmi Bai...