Sweet and Savory Cleansing Vitamix Smoothie Recipe
I love creating drinks in my Vitamix
I love my Vitamix. I love how you can be creative with the ingredients and the measurements don't have to be exact for a delicious nutritious drink.
Today I was craving a light cleansing drink so I threw together a few items I had in my fridge. I never measure out my ingredients, but I will do my best to give a good estimate of how much of each ingredient I used in the ingredients list.
- 1 medium Orange, Peeled
- 10 Red Grapes, Rinsed thoroughly
- 1/4 cup Mango, Peeled, Sliced
- 1/2 medium Cucumber, Peeled
- 1/2 cup Kale, Rinsed throughly
- 1/4 cup Frozen Blueberries
- 5 Ice Cubes
- Place ingredients into your Vitamix or blender in the order listed
- If using a Vitamix with variable speed, turn the machine on slow, raising speed slowly from to 10, switch to high speed and blend for about 1 minute or until desired consistency.
- If using a regular blender, blend for about 2 minutes or until desired consistency.
All of the ingredients have great health benefits:
I used a Mineola Orange which was juicy and sweet. Chock full of Vitamin C.
The phytochemicals in grapes help to lower your risk for heart disease and cancer.
Mango is a good source of Vitamins A, B6, C and Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids.
Cucumber is a great diuretic and because of it's fresh pungent taste, it is a great contrast to the sweet fruit.
Kale is high in Vitamin A and C with traces of Potassium, Calcium, Iron, Vitamin B6 and Magnesium.
Blueberries contain Vitamin C and fiber.
Ice Cubes keep the drink icy and adds to the liquid, making this a healthy drink to help flush out toxins.
The Right Amount
The amount of the ingredients listed above made enough to fill a 12 ounce glass to the brim and the Vitamins from each ingredient gave me a smooth energetic pick up.
Yummy. Nutritious. Delicious.
More by this Author
Super Stop® Cigarette Holder claims to reduce tar and nicotine and give excellent smoking pleasure. Read here to see if the claim holds true.
Meditation can be used to protect oneself from external pressures or stresses. we can use meditation techniques to protect ourselves from the negative affects certain people or situations have on us.