Sweet and Sour Pork Sausage Recipe - How to make Sweet and Sour Pork Sausages
How do you make sweet and sour pork?
Know I know that Pork Sausages are not your everyday ingredient to make a sweet and sour dish with, but the fact that sausages carry very little comparison in meatiness to say a piece of beef enables you to bond the ingredients and the vegatables without going for to strong a taste from the meat additive.
The Sweet and Sour Pork Sausage dish is based on a Thai meal of sweet and sour pork, however being able to use everyday ingredient that you may find in your freezer without the hassle of having to prepare the pork or loin cuts off of the bone and the excess fat content of a piece of pork will allow you to prepare this recipe with ease.
Below you will find an easy to follow step by step walkthrough of the cooking processes and then a list of grocery ingredients that you can obtain to put the recipe together.
This recipe of sweet and sour pork sausages will comfortably serve 4 people.
You can also serve Pork sausages in sweet and sour sauce hot or cold.
Cooking and preparation times
Cooking time to make these easy Sweet and Sour Pork Sausages in 80 minutes .
The preparation time for the Sweet and Sour Pork Sausage recipe is only 5 minutes and can serve a total of 4 persons.
A simple video on how to make sweet and sour sauce
What will I need to cook Pork sausages
You will need the following utensils to make Sweet and Sour Sausages
A large frying pan
A large pot
A wooden spoon
What ingredients will we use to make the sweet and sour pork sausages
300 grams of pork sausages cut into thirds
15ml of cooking oil
120 grams of tomato chopped into small pieces
2 red onions , about 300 grams chopped
1 green pepper
150 grams of dried apricots
250 ml cold water
50 ml unsweetend pineapple or litchi juice
a sachet of sweet and sour chicken packet sauce
350 grams of wholewheat noodles or your chosen pasta or rice for an oriental look
Now lets cook up some sweet and sour pork sausages
- In the large frying pan, brown the pork sausages in the cooking oil.
- Add the chopped tomato, chopped onions and the chopped apricots to the sausages and brown for 5 minutes.
- Now add the cold water and the pieapple or litchi juice and sprinkle in the packet of sweet and sour sauce and stir in the contents thoroughly.
- Now bring it all to the boil remembering to sitr occasionally to prevent sticking on the bottom.
- Now simmer for 5 minutes uncovered and then serve or allow to cool and serve.Either hot or cold is great.
- You can cook the pasta at the same time in another pot or you can cook afterwards. You may prefer rice or another base for your sweet and sour pork sausages.
- Best Spinach Butternut and Feta Lasagne Recipe
Fancy a simple vegatable lasagne recipe. This easy to cook lasagna recipe is ready in 20 minutes and is great for a vegatarian lasagna. If you feel like beef or mince lasagne, just swop the vegatables for beef when cooking. Follow the easy steps.
- Shrimp Alfredo Recipe
Not your everyday shrimp alfredo recipe, but just as easy to make. If you love garlic then this is the shrimp alfredo recipe for you to taste.
- roasted leg of lamb recipe with herbed couscous
Do you need to easy to follow instructions to make a roast leg of lamb with herbed couscous for a differnec and to impress your famiky or guests. Then try this easy roast leg of lamb recipe.
More by this Author
Heres a list of 150 things to do when youre bored. Add something new to the list if your bored or its raing and your bored out of your mind.
Of all the personal watercraft on the market, Sea-Doo and Yamaha products are the best. Read more to find out why, and which models I recommend for your needs.
How to get started building a VW Beetle with a beefy v8 engine. My experience and tips to get you going.
No comments yet.