The Hospitality Guru (cooking) Back to Basics: Hors D'oeuvres for Cocktail Party
HORS D’OEUVRES WITHIN THE COKTAIL PARTY
The selection should be of first quality, fresh and well prepared.
- Be aware of time restraint between the cooking of the food and service.
- The hors d’oeuvres must be served hot and therefore must be passed frequently. Once they cool, many foods are truly unappealing, and some foods cannot be reheated.
- The cold hors d’oeuvres must have the appearance and flavour of freshly prepared foods. Cold foods should be chilled, but not served straight out of the refrigerator. Serving them close to room temperature provides a better flavour.
- Be aware that deep fried foods need to drain properly before being placed on linen napkins or doilies.
- Always clean and polish platters and dishes prior to service, and keep at a suitable temperature.
More by this Author
CANAPÉS Purpose Canapés are small, bite sized pieced of food, which may be served hot or cold. They are normally served as an accompaniment to drinks before dinner or at a cocktail...
The cutting of vegetables can be divided into two main categories. ROUGH CUTTING Rough cutting is the coarse cutting of foods, usually vegetables, which are generally not used for service. Rough cut...
Types of Sandwiches Conventional This basic sandwich consists of two slices of buttered bread with any filling and seasoning, cut into various shapes. Crusts are generally left on, but can be...
No comments yet.