Taco Soup with Ground Beef
Taco soup is a great recipe to add to your collection. Using a crock pot, you'll add your ingredients and let it set all day.It is simple and provides a great meal to a family or on that special occasion. Taco soup is a meal you can freeze (I've always had leftovers) which helps when money is tight.
- 2 cans of kidney beans
- 2 cans of pinto beans
- 2 cans of corn
- 1 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 packet of ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 lb. of ground beef or turkey (always optional)
- 1 onion chopped
- Brown the meat and onions
- Drain fat and discard
- Add meat and onions to crock pot
- Sprinkle the taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix on top of the meat
- Drain and rinse the beans
- Add corn, do not rinse
- Add the tomato cans
Cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low or 4-5 on high. I personally think cooking it 8-10 hours makes it taste better.
You can always add shredded cheese, sour cream, corn chips, tortilla chips to it as well.
More by this Author
Starbucks is primarily known for their coffee, but did you know Starbucks carries a wide variety of Tazo Tea? Learn more here!
Starbucks is probably one of the most difficult places to decide on an order. This information may help your decision making process go a little smoother!
Remember the Spice Girls? Find out what your favorite one is doing today!