Tasty Mango Float Dessert Filipino Dessert Recipe
Filipino Dessert Recipe - Mango Float
How to make a Tasty Mango Float Dessert
When we talk about desserts one word that will often pop-up is "TASTY". Speaking of tasty desserts, one of my favorites is the Mango Float. Mango float, is a well known and delicious Filipino dessert that anyone will love. If you love Mangoes, this is the dessert that will make you salivate and cry for more. A tasty dessert that is very convenient if your on a tight budget, but still looking for something to wow your friends at your next party or potluck. Mango float is affordable and it doesn't take a lot of time to make. See below for the ingredients and procedures for making your own Mango float. Regardless if you were eating your favorite adobo, pancit, or letchon manok, wrapping up the meal is the perfect slightly sweet treat to round out a meal.
Do You Like Mango Float?
Pictures of Mango FloatClick thumbnail to view full-size
Ingredients for Making Mango Float
3 ripe mangoes
A couple packages of Graham crackers (honey and chocolate flavor either will work well)
1 can condensed milk
1 can all-purpose cream (heavy cream will work)
1 Plastic or glass dish for your mango float assembly (square or rectangular shape)
Procedures for Making This Dessert
1. Prepare the dish where you will put your Mango float dessert, making sure that it is fully cleaned.
2. Clean and wash the mangoes thoroughly, and peel them using a sharp knife to get rid of the mango skin.Then cut the mangoes meat into thin flat pieces, or whatever you desired.
3. In a clean bowl put the condensed milk and all-purposed cream together, then stir it for a few minutes until it is totally mixed.
4. Fill the bottom part of the dish with graham crackers, if you see empty space that was not filled with crackers, get 2-3 pieces of graham crackers and crush it with your hands and pour it in the unfilled space in the container.
5.Using a spoon, add a decent amount of the mixed condensed milk and cream and spread it on the graham crackers in the dish or Tupperware.
6.Next, flood it with slices of mangoes, then add milk and cream again and spread it evenly.
7.Repeat steps,4,5 and 6.
8. Top layers should be mangoes, then added with condensed milk and cream and spread it with crush grahams.
Delicious Fruit Dessert
Put your finished mango float dessert in the freezer let it cool until hard enough to eat. Share it with your friends and family. Make your day sweet and delighted with your alluring and mouthwatering Mango Float Dessert. It can also be placed in the freezer for overnight and will store for many days in the freezer if you need to plan ahead and make dessert beforehand. If you don't give the dessert time to settle and soak into all of the graham crackers it is too brittle, but after a few hours the ingredients really start to melt together in a sweet, creamy, and crunchy dessert.
If you want a little extra special treat you can add a squirt or two of whipping cream to the piece of mango float before you serve it.
While Mangoes are in season this is a great dessert to share with friends and take with you to summer BBQ's and parties.
Making a Mango Graham Cake
More Filipino Food Recipes to Try
- Letchon Baboy - BBQ Roasted Pork in the Philippines
Roasting a whole pig is a great way to have a big meal with friends and family. The Filipino Letchon Baboy takes BBQ pork to the next level.
- Coconut Salad - A Filipino Refreshing Fruit Salad Recipe
Coconut fruit is a favorite fruit in tropical areas due to the fact they are locations that tend to be where there are lots of growing coconuts. Coconut fruit is great for a healthy fruit snack as it has many health benefits for the body.
- Manila NAIA International and Domestic Airport - Philippines
Travelling to the Philippines as a tourist destination in Southeast Asia is becoming more popular, with its amazing natural beauties, amazing hospitality
- Misamis Occidental Aquamarine Park - Day Trip Near Ozamis in the Philippines
Misamis Occidental, which is located at the Northern part of Mindanao near Ozamis, make sure and don't miss to go to one of the tourist spot, it is known as MOAP( Misamis Occidental Aquamarine park).
More by this Author
Coconut Salad is a favorite fruit in tropical areas due to the fact they are locations that tend to be where there are lots of growing coconuts. Coconut fruit is great for a healthy fruit snack
Many Filipinos enjoy a delicious dessert called Halo-halo that is combined of many different ingredients which results in varying combinations of flavors at different locations creating lots of local favorites when it...
Learning how to fish jerkbaits is a skill every avid bass fisherman should have for the winter and spring seasons. The fish can be sluggish in cooler water and a jerkbait produces reaction strikes.