Tasty and Easy Tortellini with Eggplant
One of the most attractive of vegetables, eggplant comes in an amazing variety of colors and shapes. It can be large and bulbous, thin, and finger-like or even small and round. The colors range from deep purple to green or white and sometimes they are striped. Look for a glossy wrinkle-free skin and firm, not hard flesh. Eggplant has a wide range of health benefits. It is a good source of dietary fiber and rich in B1, B6, and potassium. Furthermore, eggplant peels are contain an potent antioxidant nasunin.
500g fresh pasta tortellini, any type will do
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red pepper, cut into chopped
500g eggplant any type, cut into small cubes
14oz can crushed tomatoes
1 cup vegetable stock
1/2 fresh chopped basil
black olives sliced and feta cheese to garnish
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the tortellini according to the package instructions. Drain and return to pot.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large pan, add the garlic and red pepper and stir over medium heat for about 1 minute
3. Add the cubed eggplant to the pan and stir gently over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until just lightly brown color.
4. Add tomato with the juices and vegetable stock to a pan or pot. Stir and boil, reduce the heat to low cover the pan or pot and cook tender. Add the basil and pasta and stir until mixed together.
Serve and garnish with the feta and olives as you can see from the picture you can use any type of colored bell peppers. Also you can serve with fresh garlic bread.
I also would like to mention that most of the recipes I post are meant to be guidelines so I encourage you do try them out and experiment with other ingredients you never know what you might come up with.
Tip: If you are ever using eggplant in any type of dish it is recommended that you cut the eggplant just before you are going to use it, if you do not the eggplant will turn brown due to the exposure to the air.
If you are ever looking for a good Italian recipe cookbook
Here are some other recipe ideas
- Persian Salad
- Healthy and Easy Greek Salad Dressing
- Fresh Tomato Sauce Recipe for Pasta
- Ulltimate Cheesecake Recipe STEP BY STEP
- Best Tzatziki Sauce Recipe Step by Step Guide
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry Chinese Style
- Easy Spaghetti with Chicken Bolognese
- Philippine-Style Chicken Vermicelli
- Creamy Penne with Chicken and Mushrooms
- Banana Bread-Delicious Recipe
- Ratatouille and Pasta Soup
No comments yet.