Techniques on How to Boil and Grill Corn on the Cob
Health Benefits of Corn
- Corn is a good source of the thiamine Vitamin B and B5 - (panthotenic). It is also rich in Vitamins E and C, folic acid, essential fatty acids, fiber and very rich in minerals ( Magnesium and Phosphorous
- The corn is also good for the health of your eyes, since it is an antioxidants it contain petrochemicals that fights against the degeneration of cells.
- Corn is healthy to your hair as it strengthens your hair follicles as it is rich in lycopene and Vitamin C. Lycopene is said to be good anti cancer substance
- It increase production of collagen which is healthy to skin
- it gives the needed energy for your carbohydrate needs
- It boosts your mental strength as it is rich on thiamine Vitamin
- Corn is a fiber and fiber are good healthy foods -- easily digested
Techniques on How to Boil and Grill Corn on the Cob
Techniques on How to Boil and Grill Corn on the Cob. It is very easy to cook -- grill and boil corn and you can master it in simple steps. The basic of grilling and boiling the corn comes with a fresh corn to start with. Corn are very nutritious food and is the staple food in some culture and it is really worth the time if you buy fresh corn yourself from fresh markets and do it yourself cooking -- boiling and grilling corn. it is fun and corn is a healthy food.
Simple Easy Steps on Choosing Corn and Preparing for the cooking
Simple Easy Steps on Choosing Corn -- the first step in cooking is to choose the right product to cook. In terms of corn it should be fresh.
Corn although botanically is a fruit -- is mostly considered a vegetable and used in cooking main menu. It is good when you eat it as a stand alone.
In this hub, I will talk about corn grilling and boiling
How to check freshness of corn
- Fresh corn are corn which are just harvested, you can test it by looking at the silk on top of the corn, if it is more paler it is more fresh, and the more the silk, the fresher, it is.
- You can also look at the husk, then you can notice if it is just fresh from the farm -- one to three days. The more greener it is the more fresher the corn
- In some parts when you cant buy a fresh corn from fresh market, look at the tip of the corn and if it is not starting to decay, then it is still good.
Shucking the Corn
- This is the process of removing the corn form the husk, and this is relatively easy. Start it from the top and then, remove the husk in a manner in which it will be remove completely. remove the hair on it by using a toothbrush clean one -- one which was not used or a piece cloth. Now you are ready to cook the corn.
Experts would say that soaking the corn in water is good at least for an hour before cooking so that it will not burn before grilling and the nutrients will not be lost while grilling it
Cooking Don'ts Pertaining to Corn
- Never add salt to water when boiling it. It makes the corn hard
- Don't put cold water into the corn after it is boiled to make it cold so that it will be ready to eat, the skin will sag and shrink
- Don't overcooked the corn as it will lose some of the nutrients
Fresh Corn on the Cob Boiling
- After the corn is shuck and soaked in water for one hour you are now ready to boil it. Place the corn which are shucked into a pot with water just submerging the corn and the let it boil
- Check the corn by placing a fork and sticking the fork and see if it is already soft.
- Get the corn according to the desired softness
- Don't overcook
After the corn is shucked and is ready for grilling prepare your barbecue grill. Then if the charcoal is heated put the corn which was soaked in water into the charcoal grill not directly,
Monitor the progress by turning it every five minutes
It is nice if you can put the charcoal fire into medium burn so that the corn will not burn
To avoid carcinogen don't overcook the corn
Corn is done when it is soft and brownish in color not black, then it is burn already.
Get the corn and let it settle for five minutes before eating it as it is hot
People eating corn as part of meal
Cooking Technique HUBS
- Fish Grilling Techniques
Fish Grilling techniques. It is summertime, fun time, summer outdoor grilling is an activity we never fail to do, and grilling fish is a superb activity because fish is healthy and nutritious. In fact,...
- Grilled Home Style Brine Pork Barbecue
Grilled Home Style Brine Pork Barbecue Technique. It is summertime in the Western world and we are off to a hot summer. The sweltering heat of the sun makes for a dip at the swimming pool and a good barbecue...
- Techniques in Making Hot Chili Sauce
There are many chili hot sauce and many variants which are available in the local supermarkets from jalapenos, Heinz chili tomato sauce (not so chilly) and lots of South East Asian variants of hot chili...
- Techniques in Cooking Dried Beans
Beans is defined as any of various leguminous plants. Beans belong to the genus Phaseolus such as the "common bean plus the runner bean, and the related genus Vigna" of the family of pea. Examples of beans...
- List of Healthy Cooking Oils
Well, cooking oil which contains fat can be healthy too. Fat as a nutrient is needed by the body but should not be taken in excess amount because it is bad to the overall health. Excessive use of it is the...
More by this Author
Different Kinds of Leavening Agents. What are leavening agents or leaveners? Leavening agents are substances that are used in batters as well as doughs which are used to soften the dough and it is also used for...
Yes, even if you are single and living alone, you still need cooking appliances and cooking utensils, because you still eat (that's a given) and at times you can't go out because of the weather and you need to cook. The...
The National Symbols and Emblems of Ireland National symbols and emblems are important part of a culture of a country. It speaks of their identity and what they stand for in their life. Furthermore it shows their...