Terrine of Chicken with Parma Ham.
3 Large eggs
1 bunch of spring onions
200g or 12 slices of good quality thinly sliced Parma Ham.
100g Gruyere Cheese
110g self raising flour
2 cooked Chicken Breasts
2 tablespoons of milk
3 large tablespoons of cranberry sauce
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 180 °c.
2. Line an average sized loaf tin with parma ham, ensuring the ham hangs over the edge of the tin.
3. Mix the flour and eggs together until you form a fine mixture, then add the milk and whisk some more.
4. Chop the chicken into small pieces and add to the mixture along with the cheese and then stir well.
5. Add half the mixture to the tin, then add a layer of spring onions running lengthways (alternating the direction in which each one points). Then add the rest of the mixture and fold over the parma ham hanging over the edge to form an enclosed parcel.
6. Place in the oven for approimately 1 hour at 180°c and then turn out on to a plate and leave to cool.
7. Place on a bed of rocket and basil and serve with cranberry sauce, and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
This dish makes a great starter or main course, and I have made it for my Mother's last dinner party as a starter for her guests. I have never found anyone who doesn't love this recipe. Also makes a great light meal all on it's own, so don't just save it for starters.
More by this Author
Growing your own Ginger Beer Plant and then making your own alcoholic Ginger Beer is easier than you might think. This article explains in detail how to go about it and what results you can expect to achieve....
This is my own savoury sausage roll recipe, and it always gets compliments due to it's great savoury flavour. The size of the rolls or parcels can be varied, so party size options can easily be an alternative, just...
In this article I hope to list most of the more common houseplants that are dangerous to cats so that you can either ensure you don't bring them into your home or at least you can keep them out of the reach of your...