Texas Caviar... So many veggies, it has to be good!
This is my absolute favorite dish, which came from a coworker of my mom. Funnily enough, the base of the entire dish is a bunch of bell peppers, which I never really liked. However, this recipe is so amazing, that I can eat an entire batch by myself!
- 3 bell peppers, any color, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon chopped Jalepeno
- 2 15.8 oz cans black eyed peas, drained
- 1 Teaspoon (or more, to taste) minced garlic
- 1 bunch greed onions, sliced
- 8 oz Zesty Italian dressing, (may need less/more depending on tastes)
- 1-2 bags Frito's scoops
- Chop, slice, and mince the bell peppers, Jalapeño, garlic, and green onions. Place all in serving bowl.
- Drain and rinse peas. Add to bowl as well.
- Add about 2/3 of the salad dressing. Mix together, and, for best results, refrigerate for at least 4 hours. If, after the 4 hours, the mix is too dry, add the remainder of the dressing. The wait time can also be skipped, but it is recommended for the best mixing of flavors.
- Serve with Frito Scoops, and enjoy!
|Serving size: ~ 1 Tablespoon|
|Calories from Fat||9|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 1 g||2%|
|Saturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 5 g||2%|
|Sugar 1 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 2 g||4%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|Sodium 113 mg||5%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Some Serving Bowls to consider...
No comments yet.