Thai Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Easy Thai Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Looking for a new way to spice up your chicken? Love Thai cuisine? Try this delicious Thai chicken stir fry recipe! This recipe takes the beautiful flavors of Thai cuisine and celebrates them in this easy dish.
Thai cuisine has become increasingly popular in North America in recent years. Yet while most people love to try Thai cuisine in restaurants, they find it too intimidating to try at home. They are worried about messing up the recipe or not being able to find the right ingredients needed. However, today's supermarkets now carry a large assortment of Asian food products, including ingredients needed for Thai cooking.
So now with this simple Thai chicken recipe, you can enjoy a delicious Thai dish at home. As a bonus this dish is a healthy stir fry with nutritious vegetables and lean protein packed chicken.
- 2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 1 red bell pepper, washed and cut
- 1 medium onion, skinned and cut
- 1/2 sweet whole baby corn, (usually comes canned)
- 1/2 mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 1/2 minced garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger root
- 1/3 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
How to cook
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and when the garlic is fragrant add the chicken strips.
- Cook the chicken until just slightly pink, then add the onions. Cook the onions until slightly translucent, then add the bell pepper and mushrooms. Cook for about a 45 seconds then add soya sauce, fish sauce, red pepper flakes, and ginger. Cook for another minute or so before adding in coconut milk.
- Let simmer until coconut milk has reduced, then add in basil and green onion. Cook for a minute then remove from heat into a bowl.
- Eat and enjoy!
No comments yet.