Thai Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe for One. A 10 Minute and Very Easy Fried Rice Recipe.
Just hit the local pineapple market...
Pop this easy-peasy fried rice dish into a hollowed out pineapple and you've got a show-stopper for any buffet. Leave it as is and you've got yourself a ten minute Thai dinner for one.
The measurements as follows are for a generous single serving, but the recipe can be multiplied as needed.
Pineapple Fried Rice
- 1/4 lb diced chicken breast (about ½ cup)
- ¼ cup diced fresh pineapple (canned would work as well)
- ¼ cup finely diced carrots
- 1 Tbls raisins
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 sprig of cilantro (don’t be stressed if you don't have any one hand – no biggee!)
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 2 Tbls of fish sauce
- ½ Tsp of sugar
- 1 cup of cooked rice (Thai jasmine rice is best, but any old rice will do...and cold leftover rice is great here!)
- 1 Tbls of oil
- Pinch of MSG (optional)
- Heat oil in a wok over medium high, and when hot, add garlic and stir fry for about 15 seconds, or until fragrant and starting to color.
- Add diced chicken to the hot oil, and let brown for 1 minute (it does not have to be cooked through at this point.
- Toss in the carrot and stir fry for another 1 minutes, or until chicken in cooked and veggies are softened (these should all be diced finely enough so as to cook fairly quickly).
- Add the rice and smoosh it all around to coat it in the oil.
- Add the raisins, and add fish sauce and sugar (and the MSG) and smoosh it all into the rice.
- Just before you remove from the heat, add in your pineapple and green onion. Stir it in quickly and remove from heat to a serving dish.
- Garnish with cilantro and some sliced cucumber.
This does look very impressive when served inside a hollowed out pineapple shell, but it's probably better as a quick and easy meal for one.
How to peel a pineapple
Comments 3 comments
More by this Author
Thai Stir Fried Shrimp with Basil recipe. A 10 minute classic. So easy, so good!
An aurthentic spicy Thai chicken soup recipe with detailed instructions.
A lot of people have trouble with meat. They like the idea of a great steak, and they have a general notion that the more expensive the steak, the better it is…but more than that…who knows?! I...