Thanksgiving Leftovers - Turkey Tetrazzini | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
All righty then! Thanksgiving has come and gone; you’ve picked the carcass of that 25LB bird clean as a whistle and have several pounds of leftover chopped and flaked turkey in a bowl in the fridge. You know by next Wednesday you will have a family revolt on your hands if you don’t do something special with this turkey. What you gonna do? Well here is one idea from The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book, for a tasty meal that may well have your family asking for it throughout the year as well. Do Enjoy!!
½ Cup Onion, Chopped
2 Tbsp Butter
1 Can (10 ¾ oz) Cream of Mushroom Soup, Undiluted
¾ Cup of Water
½ Cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
14 oz Chopped, Chunked, and flaked Turkey (during the rest of the year you can use two cans of chunked Turkey)
2 Tbsp Parsley, Chopped
2 Tbsp Pimento, Chopped
¼ Tsp, Pepper
4 Cups Cooked Spaghetti
¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
1. Prepare the Spaghetti according to package directions, drain and set aside.
2. In a large Saucepan over medium-high heat, melt the Butter and add the onion, cook until tender.
3. Add the soup, stirring constantly, and gradually stir in the water. Add the Cheddar Cheese and continue to heat stirring, frequently until the Cheddar Cheese melts; remove from heat.
4. Stir in the Turkey, Parsley, pimento and pepper. In a large mixing bowl, toss the mixture with the spaghetti; mix well. Turn into a 2 quart casserole dish and sprinkle Parmesan Cheese over the top.
5. Bake in a Pre-heated 350 Degree (175 C) Oven for 30 mins or until hot and bubbly.
Yield 6-8 servings
Variations – There are so many, I also like to use some Chopped Green Pepper, a mix of Cheddar, Provolone, and Mozzarella cheese, sometimes black or green olives. There are so many ways you can use your imagination on this one, and in these trying times, every opportunity to save some cash by using the leftovers makes it an even tastier treat.
More $$ saving recipes from The Cupboard Drawer
- The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book, was first published in September 1988 by my Father Mel Ellis, from recipes that literally were in the cupboard drawer that had been collected over the years by my Mom,...
- The Best Bing Cherry Muffin Recipe | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
A Muffin recipe that folds in the great taste of fresh cherries; and offers a simple plan when using canned fruit in muffins to ensure they are 'crisp' as can be...
- A Green Pepper Meatloaf Recipe | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Here is a great meatloaf variation straight from The Cupboard Drawer. It hides a different texture to the dish that becomes evident at the point of consumption (your mouth) in a pleasing sort of way....
- Ham Balls in Brown Sauce | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Looking for a recipe for the Holiday leftovers? The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book is full of them and here is one given to Dorothy by her friend Helen McGettrick for the leftover Ham you might have...
- French Cabbage Soup | The Cupboard Recipe Book
This hearty French Soup recipe was given to my mom by her grandmother, Dorothy Possley, who we fondly called Bono. I cant honestly say where or what originated the Bono name, and in fact I didnt even...
More by this Author
Easy diet dinner basics that can be used for 36 different meals off just these ingredients. A great set of night time diet recipes for less than 500 calories per meal. Pretty simple weight loss idea, as for the food Do...
Here are a few of the $100K jobs available.. Jobs are in US Government locations overseas., Potential 100K+ during periods of deployment,
An adult only version of Twas the Night before Christmas, retitled "Twas the Night Before X-mas" Great adult party poem keeping in the seasons lighter side...Twas the night before x-mas; And all through the...