Thanksgiving left over recipes using left over turkey
Turkey is an integral part of Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas and Easter celebrations. The problem every household and every mom faces is that there is a lot of leftover turkey after the grand feast. What to do with all the leftover turkey? How to use them without throwing them away?
Some of the most popular ways to serve Thanksgiving leftover turkey are Turkey sandwich, Turkey vegetable soup and turkey casserole. These recipes are well liked by adults and kids alike and will be a surefire hit. These simple leftover Turkey recipes are the perfect way to finish off that wonderful Thanksgiving turkey.
1. Thanksgiving leftover turkey sandwich recipe
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced roast beef (optional)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cooked ham (optional)
- 5 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey - your leftover turkey
- 5 slices processed American cheese
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup melted butter (optional)
Cooking method for leftover turkey sandwich recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
2. Slice the loaf of French bread horizontally into few layers. Spread bottom layer with horseradish, top with roast beef, optionally. Place the next slice of bread over beef, spread with mustard and top with ham and Swiss cheese. Add next slice of bread, spread with mayonnaise and top with turkey and cheese. Cover with top slice of the french bread. Brush melted butter over top and sides of loaf , of course applying butter is optional. It sure makes it more tasteful. Place on a baking sheet.
3. Bake for about 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and sandwich is heated through.
Your leftover turkey sandwich is ready to serve!
2. Thanksgiving leftover turkey Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 8 cup canned or homemade chicken or turkey broth
- 2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and minced
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 oz. dried mushroom pieces
- 2 ozs. dried angel hair pasta
- 2 cup finely chopped cooked turkey - your leftover turkey
- 3 tablespoon finely minced fresh parsley
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Cooking method for leftover turkey vegetable soup:
1. Bring the broth to a simmer in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the shallots, carrots, celery and mushrooms. Simmer, uncovered, until the vegetables are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Add the pasta and continue cooking until it is al dente, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in the leftover turkey and parsley and cook a minute or two more until all is heated through. Add a little pepper and salt to taste.
3. Enjoy your left over turkey vegetable soup.
3. Thanksgiving leftover turkey macaroni casserole recipe
Turkey macaroni casserole is a popular thanksgiving left over recipe. Learn how to make turkey macaroni casserole by following this easy recipe.
- 2 Cups cooked chopped turkey - your leftover turkey
- 2 Cups uncooked macaroni
- 2 Cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 -1/2 Cups chopped celery
- 1/2 Cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 Cup chopped onion
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 2/3 Cup milk
- 2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 1/4 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Cooking method for Turkey macaroni casserole:
1. Cook and drain macaroni according to the package directions.
2. Take a saucepan and melt butter over medium-low heat.
3. Cook them till tender.
4. Now add soup, milk, and shredded cheese, mix well.
5. Cook until cheese is melted, keep stirring.
6. Combine the cheese mixture with macaroni, leftover turkey, pimiento, salt, and nutmeg.
7. Place it to a buttered 3-quart casserole, top with toasted sliced almonds.
8. Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes till hot and bubbly.
9. Enjoy your Thanksgiving Turkey macaroni casserole.
What did you make with your leftover Turkey?See results without voting
More by this Author
Spicy Indian crab curry is a very popular recipe in India. Learn how to make crab curry by following this recipe. This spicy crab curry is perfect for cold weather.
Traditional Chili recipes have ground beef and a lot of tomatoes. Variations like seafood chili makes it much more interesting and you can get a lot creative with innovative chili recipes. Easy crockpot chili...
Wondering what you can and can't eat if you have H. Pylori? Read on for a list of foods to avoid and foods you should make a point to eat.