The Best Buffalo Chex Mix Recipe
Buffalo Chex Mix is currently not available on the shelves, I believe before long it will be. It seems like these days everything is coming out buffalo style especially snacks and snack foods. Recently I have had Buffalo cheese twists kinda like Cheetos, Buffalo fries and buffalo flavored peanuts as well as my favorite buffalo wing flavored sourdough pretzel pieces made by Snyder of Hanover, so its no surprise that buffalo chex mix will be next, well I couldn't wait so I decided to make my own. As some of you may know I love the Buffalo Wing flavor About a year ago I wrote a recipe for the best buffalo chicken dip recipe and it has been a huge success currently one of the top 3 recipes on google for that search term. I hope that this becomes one of your favorite recipes for snack time or maybe your next get together or Super Bowl party, I look forward to hearing your comments and feedback.
The Best Buffalo Chex Recipe
First we will start with the ingredients to make the buffalo chex mix, now here is the best part of this, everybody has different taste buds so what I am doing is giving you a base recipe that I like, I encourage you to change it up, add different ingredients if desired, if you do please comment below and share your ideas with the rest of the world.
Here's What You Need:
- 8 total cups of Chex Mixin any combination. (Rice Chex, Corn Chex, Wheat Chex) I prefer Rice and Wheat Chex 4 cups of each to total 8.
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix I prefer Hidden valley.
- 1 Stick of butter
- 3 to 5 tbs Franks Red Hot ( depending on how hot you like it)
- 2 cups of pretzel sticks
- 2 cups of Cheez it white cheddar
Mix it up!
- In a large bowl combine and gently mix the Chex Mix, Cheez it crackers and pretzel sticks.
- In a smaller bowl you will want heat 1 stick of butter for about 45 seconds, you may want to cover the bowl because the butter tends to pop and splash. next add your hot sauce and the ranch packet to the melted butter and stir until well blended.
- Next pour the contents of the small bowl over the chex mixture, gently stirring and mixing.
- Evenly Spread the mixed buffalo chex mix onto a large cookie sheet and bake @ 350 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes stirring a few times throughout the process.
- After the buffalo chex mix has dried remove from oven and set cookie sheet in a cool place. Once the chex mix is cool you may store in an air tight container.
This is a very basic recipe for buffalo chex mix. I encourage you to mix it up, you can use your own brand of hot sauce, you can use any kind of wing sauce also wihich would replace the butter/hot sauce combination. Try Franks Wing Sauce, Hooters wing sauce or even Buffalo wild wings sauce. You can also mix in whatever snacks you desire, please leave your comments below on how you have altered your recipe, together we will make the best buffalo chex mix in the world!
Please check out some of my other creations:
Blairs's 16 million reserve Hot Hot Hot
More by this Author
We are creating the best buffalo chicken pizza recipe on the planet ( at least I think so ) we are taking this to a whole new level. Now the truth is their are several ways to make buffalo...
How to make a great wing sauce recipe, I use Franks Red hot wing sauce as the base to make the buffalo wing or boneless wing taste hot and saucey. The standard is to use a vinegar-based cayenne pepper hot...
The best around. Step by step instructions, Weight Watchers points, and instructional video. This is an easy must-serve.