The Best Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe
The Best Buffalo Chicken Pizza
We are creating the best buffalo chicken pizza recipe on the planet ( at least I think so ) we are taking this to a whole new level. Now the truth is there are several ways to make buffalo chicken pizza and everybody has a different style that they like, different sauces, ingredients and so on but I believe I have whipped up something special for you here so enough said, lets get down to business.
Ohh but first you may want to check out some of my other recipes that are sweeping the nation...
Ok enough Self Promotion, Lets "Move On"
First things first, I know the picture above looks yummy and you can't wait to eat it but you first have to make it so be patient. You have a decision to make how do you want your crust ? You can use a pre made store bought crust for your buffalo chicken pizza recipe or you can make your own. If you choose to make your own here is a quick recipe for great pizza dough.
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (approx 110 degrees)
- 1 tablespoon dry active yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
In a medium size bowl pour warm water, dissolve the sugar and sprinkle yeast over the top. let sit for 10 minutes until yeast and water starts to look foamy.
Next stir in the olive oil and salt and then the flour mixing with a large spoon, once mixed, tip out dough onto a counter or board and begin to mix and fold with your hands, if the dough is to sticky you may add more flour, and even flour your hands. Next fold the dough into a ball shape and put into a heavily oiled bowl turning and coating the dough. Cover with a towel and put into a warm place for 1 hour. This is going to make you enough dough for about 2 16" thin crust buffalo chicken pizza's. For a visual guide go to my whole wheat pizza dough recipe
After 1 hour split the dough in half and put into separate oiled bowls, I use olive oil. If you only need 1 pizza dough you can save the other one by wrapping it in saran wrap and refrigerating. Let the dough you are using rise for another hour or so and then I recommend refrigerating the dough so that it is cold before you spread it onto the pizza pan. Take the cold dough and flour your surface, begin to flatten the dough with your hands into a circular shape, next grab a roiling pin and roll it out to the desired shape and transfer to an oiled pizza pan, or you can use cornmeal.
Lets Move on...
Boil chicken breast, cool and either shred by hand or cut into chunks, however you prefer it. Now we are going to place the chicken into a medium pan and add 4 to 5 tbs of butter, 2 to 3 tbsp of franks red hot, fresh clove garlic pressed (to taste) Turn on medium heat and sauté stirring frequently. You can add more or less red hot according to your taste buds and it never hurts to use a dash of salt and pepper. Once the chicken is well coated let it simmer on low, stirring frequently for a few minutes, then remove from heat and set to the side to cool and we will move on to the next step of the buffalo chicken pizza.
In making the best buffalo wing pizza, we must have the best sauce and it's really quite simple... I recommend Franks buffalo wing sauce and ranch dressing. You can use any hot sauce and ranch combination you like but I prefer Franks buffalo wing sauce (different from the red hot which is fine too) Start off with 1 cup of ranch dressing then start adding and stirring the hot sauce in until you have reached the desired flavor.
Putting It All Together
- If you are using store bought crust, sorry about your luck! Just kidding store bought pizza crust is just fine for a buffalo chicken pizza recipe although homemade is much better. For store bought pizza you are ready to add your sauce mixture, if using homemade pizza dough I recommend pre-baking it for about 5 minutes and then spread your buffalo ranch sauce mixture on to the dough/crust.
- Add the desired amount of shredded or diced buffalo chicken, evenly spread the chicken over the entire pizza.
- OPTIONAL but recommended. This really sets it apart from other buffalo chicken or buffalo wing pizza recipes. Add fresh diced green onions and crumbled bacon evenly over the pizza. You can fry your own bacon or use store bought real bacon pieces.
- Now for the cheese I recommend a blend of Colby jack yellow and white cheese verses mozzarella for this recipe 1 to 2 cups per large/extra large pizza according to your preference, spread evenly over the entire pizza.
- Bake at 350 - 425 depending on your oven, remember the chicken is already cooked so bake until the cheese is melted and the crust is how you like it.
- Optional, after baking I brush the crust with melted garlic butter and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, Hello! Perfection!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe Tips
If you have tried my famous buffalo chicken dip recipe ranking on page 1 of google and you have some extra left over which you probably don't, but if you do here is a quick recipe for a buffalo chicken/buffalo chicken dip pizza that is the bomb. Simply use any pizza crust, spread buffalo chicken dip on as your sauce and chicken, add green onions and bacon optional, cover with your favorite cheese and bake. OMG! Good luck and enjoy the best buffalo chicken pizza recipe. Feel free to give me a thumbs up and leave any comments or questions, thanks and enjoy.
More by this Author
Learn how to make this delicious drink.
How to make a great wing sauce recipe, I use Franks Red hot wing sauce as the base to make the buffalo wing or boneless wing taste hot and saucey. The standard is to use a vinegar-based cayenne pepper hot...
The best around. Step by step instructions, Weight Watchers points, and instructional video. This is an easy must-serve.