The Best Chocolate Pecan Pie with Bonus Coffee Topping | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Pecan Pies have always been a fall favorite of mine. Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s Day just don’t seem complete without one of these pies on the dessert table. So straight from the Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book, here is one of my Favorites just in time for the coming Fall and Holiday Season. The Bonus Coffee Topping is a nice alternative adult style topping that will enhance that after dinner cup o joe. The coconut option is my personal addition as I have always liked to experiment in the kitchen and I think it really enhances the texture and flavor. However you choose to do it, Do Enjoy!
1 4oz Pkg Sweet Chocolate
1 Tbsp Butter
1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Cup Light Corn Syrup
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Pecans Coarsely Chopped
1 unbaked 9 in Pie Shell
Coffee Topping (IF desired)
Option – ¼ - ½ Cup Shredded Coconut
Preheat Oven to 375 F (190 C)
1. In a mixing bowl, slightly beat the eggs; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan over very low heat, melt the chocolate and butter, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
3. In a separate saucepan over high heat, bring the sugar and corn syrup to a boil, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat and boil gently for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate mixture
4. Pour slowly over eggs, stirring constantly. Stir in the Vanilla and Pecans. . OPTION – add coconut to desired texture or taste, Pour mix into pie shell
5. Bake in the pre-heated 375 F oven for 45-50 minutes or until filling is completely ‘Puffed” across the top. Allow to cool.
6. Garnish with Coffee Topping if Desired.
Dissolve 1 tsp of instant coffee in I tsp of water. Fold into 1 Cup of Whipped Topping, or Sweetened Whip Cream.
More Holiday Recipes from the Cupboard Drawer
- The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book, was first published in September 1988 by my Father Mel Ellis, from recipes that literally were in the cupboard drawer that had been collected over the years by my Mom,...
- Christmas Chocolate Waffles | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Chocolate Waffles can be used as either a dessert or a breakfast treat, depending how you top them off. This special Chocolate Waffle recipe is the sort that lends it to becoming a Family Holiday...
- Church Window Cookies | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Church Windows Cookies are a pretty nifty way to celebrate the great wonders of stained glass found in houses of worship, and public buildings around the world. For me, there has always been a certain...
- Easy Chocolate Fudge Recipe | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
This recipe is for my good friend, Lynnechandler a fellow hubber and a Georgia Peach that is a member of the Hub Tribe on the Forums. The other night I offered up some virtual fudge to the ladies there and it...
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Here is a Cheesecake recipe that combines the smooth sweetness of cream cheese with the unique flavor of pumpkin. This one is from The Cupboard Drawer and has its genesis in the great depression...
More by this Author
Here are a few of the $100K jobs available.. Jobs are in US Government locations overseas., Potential 100K+ during periods of deployment,
Easy diet dinner basics that can be used for 36 different meals off just these ingredients. A great set of night time diet recipes for less than 500 calories per meal. Pretty simple weight loss idea, as for the food Do...
An adult only version of Twas the Night before Christmas, retitled "Twas the Night Before X-mas" Great adult party poem keeping in the seasons lighter side...Twas the night before x-mas; And all through the...