Great Crock-Pot Recipes: Fiesta Chicken, Pulled Pork, and more
Whether you like chicken, beef, or pork you can find the recipe you need here. Don't forget about a side dish...potatoes go with almost anything, but they are especially good with braised beef. Enjoy these fantastic recipes!
Fiesta Chicken with Rice and Beans
This is a recipe from a little book I received with my first crock-pot. If you are a beginner cook, you should try this one. Not only is it super easy, it's also extremely tasty, and it really isn't as hot as it sounds. It has the perfect amount of spice to it, but you can always add more or less depending on your taste.
1 tablespoon oil (I use olive)
3 lbs. boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
1 14 ounce can Mexican style diced tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 tsp. oregano
1.In a large skillet, heat oil and cook chicken until browned.
Remove the chicken, drain and set aside.
2Place the onion and green pepper in the skillet and saute until
3.Add all the rest of the ingredients to the crock-pot and stir.
Cover; cook on low 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours.
Did you like this?
Need a new spin to mashed potatoes? If you hunger for something great this recipe is delightfully easy and very satisfying.
Put in crock-pot:
4 large potatoes, peeled and cut up in quarters.
Cover potatoes with water.
Turn cooker on low for 4-6hrs.
When potatoes are soft, drain water.
Add slowly while mashing:
1 cup milk
1 tsp salt and pepper
3 tablespoons butter
1 lb Velveeta cheese
Cook in crock-pot 1 hour on low or until cheese is melted and liquid is all mixed in.
If you want a great slow-cooker read these:
- Buy a Crock Pot for Great Recipes
Crockpots are the kitchen aid ever invented. Throw in some ingredients and let it cook all day! Come home after a busy day and dinner is ready!
- Help With Buying A Crock Pot
Crock Pot cooking has been going on over many centuries. Then people used very basic pots to cook in. If you look back in history you will find fine examples of crock pots and the different methods people over time used to cook. Recently over the...
- Best Slow Cookers - Crock Pot - Good Housekeeping
Slow cookers tested and recommended by the Good Housekeeping Research Institute.
Slow-cooked Pulled Pork Sandwiches
I never knew about pulled pork until my father in-law made it, and I regret that I never was able to enjoy such a wonderful recipe before. If you love Barbecues and lots of spicy goodness, you must try it! It is easy to bring almost anywhere, and it will be swallowed up.
makes 12 sandwiches
Prep: 15 min
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3.5-4 pound boneless pork shoulder roast, netted or tied
1 can (10 ounces) condensed French Onion Soup
1 cup ketchup
¼ cup cider vinegar
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
12 round sandwich rolls or hamburger buns, split
1. Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until it's browned on all sides.
2. Stir in soup, ketchup, vinegar and brown sugar in a 4 quart crock-pot. Add the pork and coat.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours(on high for 4-5 hrs) or until the pork is tender.
4. Remove pork and put onto a cutting board. Let stand for ten minutes. Using forks, shred the pork and then return it to the crock-pot.
5. Serve pork and sauce with rolls.
Check out these great crock pots
Cuban Braised Beef and Peppers
Prep: 10 minutes
Total: 4.5-8.5 hours
1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
2 red bell peppers, sliced
1 onion, cut into wedges
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1.5 pounds flank steak, cut across int thirds (or buy beef pieces for stew)
1 cup long-grain white rice
1 avocado, sliced
¼ cup fresh cilantro
1. In 5-6 quart slow-cooker, combine tomatoes, peppers, onion, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Nestle steak among veggies. Cook, covered, 4-5 hours on low or 7-8 hours on high, until meat is tender and pulls apart easily.
2. twenty-five minutes before serving, cook rice according to package. Using two forks, shred beef and mix into liquid. Serve with rice and top with avocado and cilantro.
Which of these recipes is your favorite?See results without voting
More by this Author
Read on to find out the perfect way to make a this Beef Stew in a crockpot. By adding just the right ingredients it will make the perfect meal.
This recipe has the best blend of spices and is an easy way to enjoy your pumpkin seeds this season! They are perfect for any Halloween party!
These two art forms are slightly different from each other. Read on to learn more and see examples of some beautiful artwork