The Best Insalata Caprese You Will Ever Have
Mouth Watering, Juicy, and Tangy
Have you ever had an insalata caprese or as we like to call it in America, a caprese salad? This delicious mouth water salad which originates from Campania Italy is considered an antipasto but is delicious enough to eat as the appetizer, dinner, and for dessert. It really is my most favorite snack and I have perfected the way I make it.
Ingrediants (serving for 1)
2 Roma Tomatoes
- Buffalo or Cow's Milk Mozzarella
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Acetum Balsamic Glaze (refrigerate before and after use for best consistency, regular balsamic flavor)
- Olive Oil
- Wash and slice both Roma tomatoes and place flat on plate.
- Slice mozzarella to make one slice for ever slice of tomato, place on top of or right next to tomato on plate.
- Wash 4 or 5 basil leaves, arrange as bunch, and then wrap several slices of prosciutto around bottom of basil bunch. Place in the middle of the plate.
- Add salt and pepper to tomato and mozzarella for taste and then drizzle the olive oil over them as well.
- Shake Acetum Balsamic Glaze and then squirt lightly over the tomatoes and mozzarella in a back and forth motion- be careful to pour lightly.
Once you try this salad it will have you craving for more, it is so delicious. It has just the right combination of meatiness, salty, and sweet flavors. Once you have tried it this way try adding grilled steak tips or try different variations with roasted red peppers, olives, or you can even try Acetum's balsamic fig glaze. Yum!
If you make this salad let me know what you think in the comment section below or if you make variation come back and share how you changed it.
Best Balsamic Glaze
- Quick and Easy Chicken Parm
I buy mine at Whole Foods, sometimes you can find coupons around the web or they will have a sale. You can also try their website but I don't think they sell online? Chicken parm with spaghetti If your like...
- How to Make a Good Cup of Coffee
Coffee is often referred to as a bean when in fact it is a seed that comes from inside the coffea berry or cherry. The coffea cherries grow on the coffea plant or shrub which thrives in warm weather so growing...
More by this Author
Chronic rib pain is actually quite common ailment, more than people realize. Like all chronic issues it can be difficult and downright depressing trying to find the answer and even when you find an answer it many not be...
Leapfrog Leapsters have been in my household for at least eight years now starting with my ten year old's bulky silver and blue thing that didn't take batteries. We are ardent Leapfrog fans having practically all...
No comments yet.