The Best Pub Burger at Home
Best Pub Burgers
This is one of my family's all-time-favorites. My husband and I love this oldfashioned steak house and pub near our home. The have a burger called a yodel burger on their menu.
Family goes crazy over them!
When my family spots the Texas Toast in the grocery bags they know what is coming for dinner. I get a cheer. It makes me laugh because these pub burgers are so simple and quick. Our version is so simple and if you are bored with burgers this is a quick easy inexpensive way to make they deliscions. Everyone who has one asks for another.
- 2lbs Ground Chuck 80/20, Formed into Hamburger Patties
- 12 Slices Texas Toast, Ready and Waiting
- 1lb or so Swiss Cheese, Sliced thick into 12 slices
- One Jar Dill Pickle Sandwich Planks, Layout about 24 pickes drained
- Prepare your hamburger as you would for your favorite recipe. I believe these taste best without adding seasoning to the meat.
- Grill your burgers on the stovetop or over the barbeque to the desired doneness. I prefer medium well for this recipe.
- Remove from grill and immediately drain off any grease by letting the burgers rest on a paper towel. Blot the top of each burger with a paper towel quickly before it cools.
- Add 2 or more slices of swiss cheese over each pub burger in a diagonal pattern and let it melt.
- Remove grease from pan. Grill the toast in the pan for approximately 3 minutes per side on medium heat. To save time you can also bake it in the oven while the you cook the burgers, but the pan gives the bread such a nice flavor and the oven dries out the bread making it hard to bite into.
- By now the cheese has almost melted. Layer the burger on the toast and add the pickles to the cheese.
- You may add ketchup or A-1 sauce or another condiment, but will take away from the garlic and hamburger and swiss flavors melting together
If the weather is warm and you can't bare to cook inside take these out to the grill. We have tried them both ways and both are excellent. Just watch not to dry the toast out too much. These burgers are easy to eat and not as greasy as you may think. I would definatly not call these healthy, but every once in a while you need a treat.
More by this Author
The female villains of some of the most popular Walt Disney Movies have been re-imagined in the new collection Disney Villains. But these aren't your old gnarled wrinkled meanies from Disney past. These are...
I never thought a mosquito bite could cause so much trouble. The key is prevention. Products containing DEET may pose risks, but do they outweigh the consequences? Should this mother keep her kids inside all summer long?
Before a person you care about gets caught up in the cycle of a toxic relationship that may potentially ruin her life she should look at these eight warning signs to see if the man of her dreams is really a toxic...