The Best Tiramisu Recipe (With Mascarpone and Ladyfingers)
If you’ve ever tried tiramisu, than you know it’s a very specific dessert, with extraordinary taste. Besides its taste, its main feature is that it’s so easy to make and takes relatively little time. No long cooking, preparing and waiting. It’s just easy tiramisu.
Well, there is some waiting! But it comes just at the end, when you finally want to feel that special taste. That increases your eating desire and tasteful experience when you finally start eating it.
This is one of those traditional tiramisu recipes, which I’ve got from my friend right from Italy. Yes, I meet her long ago and she had to make her easy tiramisu to show me what they usually have for dessert. And when I tried it, it was great! It was the best tiramisu recipe I’ve ever tried. And I tried them a lot, because really, there is so many different ways how to prepare tiramisu.
This one doesn’t look like the real cake or doesn’t have a square form like the one you will get in the restaurant. This is original homemade tiramisu, which you recklessly put on the plate and just eat.
Easy Tiramisu: The Best Tiramisu Recipe
- 8,5oz/250g mascarpone
- 10oz/300g ladyfingers to cover the bottom of the bowl
- 3 fresh eggs, separate 3 egg yolks and 2 egg whites
- 2,4oz/70g brown sugar
- Espresso coffee
- 1 tablespoon rum
- Cocoa powder
- Cook the coffee in the coffee maker and put it in the bowl where you will soak ladyfingers.
- Pour one tablespoon of rum and let it cool.
- At the same time, mix egg yolks and sugar in the separate bowl.
- Beat the egg whites.
- Add mascarpone to the mixture of egg yolks and sugar.
- Add slowly beaten egg whites with the wooden spoon.
- Mix everything to make thick mixture.
- Add some lemon crust if you like, to make the cake more refreshing.
- Soak the ladyfingers in the mixture of coffee and rum.
- Place one by one at the bottom of the bowl or plate where you will make tiramisu.
- Cover the bottom complete with ladyfingers and cover them with thick yellow mixture.
- At the end, sprinkle the whole surface with cocoa powder.
- Put it in the fridge to cool for the next 24 hours.
Serve the next day. Scoop up the cake with the big spoon and put it on the plate in unequal form.
Traditional tiramisu recipes with mascarpone and ladyfingers
Tiramisu is known all around the world and is very popular dessert, especially in Italy. Beside its original form, the original tiramisu recipe has widened to all kinds of recipes, such as tiramisu pudding or cake.
The interesting thing about tiramisu is that nobody actually knows its real origin and when it really appeared for the first time. According to Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary 1982 is the year of origin. But, it was also believed that tiramisu was named after Francesca Valori, whose maiden name was Tiramisu, thanks to her culinary skills.
The original tiramisu recipe consists of following ingredients: ladyfingers, eggs, sugar, mascarpone, cocoa powder, honey and carbonated water. As you noticed, there is no rum or coffee, which is standard ingredient of modern tiramisu recipe, because originally tiramisu was dessert aimed for kids.
Mascarpone is the main ingredient of tiramisu and it gives tiramisu that great creamy taste. Mascarpone is an Italian triple-cream cheese made from low fat cream, also known as crème fraiche which is denatured with tartaric acid.
Mascarpone is used in all kinds of dishes in Italy, where it comes from.
Ladyfingers are main ingredient in many French and Italian dessert recipes. Except from traditional tiramisu recipes, you can also find them in trifles and charlottes.
Ladyfingers, also known as savoiardi in Italy are actually light sponge cake, which is finger shaped. Ladyfingers are also used as an accompaniment to ice cream, puddings and other desserts.
You can buy ladyfingers in the store or you can bake them at home. Of course, baking them at home would be a healthier choice. And, you can always offer them to your kids, knowing that they only have known and fresh ingredients inside. You can always make easy tiramisu for your children. Just leave out rum and replace espresso coffee with cereal coffee or cocoa and you’ve got a special tiramisu recipe made especially for the youngest.
· ¾ cup flour
· 4 eggs, separate egg yolks and egg whites
· ½ cup sugar
· 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
· Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare baking paper, where you will later place ladyfingers.
- Mix eggs yolks and sugar in a bowl and until the mixture is pale yellow and thick (7 to 10 minutes).
- Add the egg whites, flour, salt and vanilla and mix everything until the mixture is smooth.
- Fill a large pastry bag with the mixture.
- Pipe fingers on to the baking paper.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes
More by this Author
Do you want to learn how to prepare, grill and cook fennel? Here you will find some great recipes and ways to make easy meals using this very healthy vegetable. Try fennel soup, fennel salad and more.
If you want to try the original lemon meringue pie recipe, you will enjoy this one for sure. Try also three types of meringue - French, Italian and Swiss meringue. Have you ever eaten the real, traditional and...
Whether you are still breastfeeding or have stopped, it's never too early or late to restore your breasts to their pre-pregnancy beauty: Detailed exercise, diet, and posture tips.