Creating The Coffee Culture Club
The Coffee Culture Club
Like Cultured tastes for haute couture, coffee houses have sprung up in Paris, France following the lead of New York, U.K. and Australia where small business entrepreneurs have shown success.
The trend to return to home brewed beers, freshly baked small batches of bread, raising your own chickens and eggs, fermenting your own brand of wine and now developing local blends of coffee have perked up the interest in the younger generation.
Reminded of Toulouse Lautrec's immersion into his art and involvement with an intimate group of artisans, coffee lovers engage heavily in the rich varied flavors and get high off the sentimental effects of their social groups. Emotions range from excitement and to calm in this admirable addiction.
Romanticized communities who make sipping coffee a part of their ritual daily routines crop up, grow and thrive. Continually searching out new bean varieties and fine-tuning and developing roasting techniques make this an art supreme, rivaling the lovers of fine wines.
In a time of economic crisis, tea and coffee products have evolved to support innovators, risk takers and investors. The atmospheric cafes and coffee houses must design inviting spaces for contemporary life. And, they have turned the preparation of each cup into an artistic competition of distinctive beauty.
A question yet to be answered, "Do people consider this a respectable industry and business?" I guess that would take a large collection of data in surveys from all points on the globe.
Rich Coffee Flavors
Colored with creamy white foam
poured and stirred
leaves, stems, and weaves in the cup
to gently sip up
Ladled and dripped
pouring and applying white
pigment paint and foam
Held warmly by hand
the steam rises in the air
warming waiting lips
Poetry in Art
A Short Video
"the steam goes up
comes from heaven"
famously played by
actress renée french
in the 2003 movie
coffee and cigarettes
produced by jim jarmusch
with music by pink martini
no hay problema
which means she can forget
her troubles over a cup
of smooth espresso
Coffee culture has been around for a very long time with movie sets, literature, poems, paintings and all forms of artwork detailing the intricacies of the way coffee pervades a society.
What is a latte?
Coffee and milk or with steamed milk. Increasingly common in the United States and Europe, using two ingredients, like making a sepia colored drawing, artisans devise stylized images of hearts, leaves, flowers, trees, symbolic objects and animals as the beverage presentation. I could watch the coffee artists all day creating this art form. Created by pouring steaming, and mostly frothed, milk into the coffee, that liquid is introduced into the beverage in such a way, patterns are distinguishable on the top of coffee.
Did you know?
A barista (from the Italian for "bartender") is the person who prepares and serves espresso coffee beverages at the coffee establishment. Baristas also compete to create the most delicate designs in latte foam. In the competitive world, you can ooh and aah at heated tournaments where artisans go head to head creating the finest designs.
Expert: Ashley Howe
Bio: Ashley Howe has worked as a professional barista off and on for several years. She is a self-trained vegetarian chef. She currently helps out at a nationally certified coffee house in Carrboro, NC.
Filmmaker: Wyatt Schaefer
- World Best Latte Video by PittsburghTrib on YouTube plays exquisite violin music while you watch a professional barista named Luke Shaffer create a latte with artistic designs in the milk foam at 21st Street Coffee and Tea in Pittsburgh's Strip District.
- Another Coffee and Cigarette playlist on YouTube definitely feels like "culture club" art-nouveau texture in black and white with a young woman stirring her way too sweet coffee and cream while wearing her beehive hairdo in a checkboard table clothed Italian restaurant. Sheik. Refer to photo above, it's all about the espresso coffee and artistic expression.
- ExpertVillage on YouTube | How to Make a Caffe Latte | Steaming Milk to Make a Caffe Latte
Train With The Champions - Latte
Training video and DVD | Learn from the best baristas from around the world. Study the techniques and philosophy of coffee and espresso, as well as what it takes to be a champion.
Thinking of a Mother's Day Gift?
- 15-bar pump-driven espresso machine with durable stainless-steel boiler
- 2 thermostats for separately controlling water and steam pressure
- Self-priming operation; accommodates E.S.E. pods and ground espresso
- Adjustable swivel jet frother; removable 35-ounce water tank; "on/off" switch
- Measures 7-1/2 by 9-1/2 by 11-1/8 inches; 1-year warranty
Super Saver and Great Shipping
Pump driven DeLonghi unique and popular BAR32 Retro Pump-Driven 35 ounce Espresso makes all cup sizes, brews standard or with pods. The Sempre Crema filter produces a rich, creamy froth and the swivel jet frother makes frothy milk for cappuccino, latte and other beverages. Easy to clean!
When the price gets too high will people create a home party culture?
Since the world has shrunk, news travels fast and trends cross borders. We learn what works for one family, town or city and that innovation gets picked up by others who strive to succeed in the economic, artistic, social or cultural marketplace.
What are the traditions of drinking coffee?
To make it a special time to sit at a table freely without being disturbed, reading a paper, kindle, lingering in meditation, not feeling obliged to quickly leave the table for others to take your place, rushing quickly and moving on back to work, warming your hands and heart, laughing with a lover or friend and pampering a sweet dessert.
Is coffee really the most affordable item on the menu? Does it bring the meal to a close? What is the experience of selecting the type of coffee bean to be individually ground for your select cup? The aroma envelops the habitual participant, who can learn a lot about the origins of the bean in specialty shops.
- I recommend a visit for a special popular song entitled, "Coffee Prince MV - Damaged (T.L.C) on YouTube about a couple that falls in and out of romantic young love. Here are a few lines of the song below. I'm not sure it has much to do with coffee, but it does have a certain appeal and flavor for people addicted to romantic series television; and sipping on some coffee.
I know I'm kinda strange, to you sometimes
Don't always say, what's on my mind
You know that I've been hurt, by some guy
But I don't wanna mess up this time
- It appears all of the "Howcast" and "How-To" videos on YouTube probably have some type of watermark logo of an arrow and, thus, you will have to visit to view. My goal in providing this short Hubpages series on 'coffee' was to educate and bring as much information together in one place as reference material about coffee topics. You can jump off HP to see a good demonstration of "How To Make A Cappuccino" by Howcast on YouTube and then return to finish reading this hubpage; or else finish the Hub and then take off with all the resource suggestions.
- You will learn the list of items needed to begin the project
- Warnings about food preparation
- The order of steps to a perfectly finished product
- Tips to make a better cappucino
Michelle Featherstone - Coffee & Cigarettes
Coffee Drinking Traditions
The art and science of expresso
A small 1 to 2 ounce shot of pressure-brewed coffee using between 6.5 and 7.5 grams (about 1 tablespoon) of finely ground coffee. Brewing takes about 25 to 30 seconds. When properly brewed, the espresso will have a layer of rich dark golden cream, called crema, on its surface, indicating quality espresso.
As in the drinking of wine by letting it breath, swishing the glass, sniffing and slowly tasting, drinking an espresso coffee can be an art. In an Italian café, you might witness patrons breathing in the aroma as they hold the cup and saucer, and then drinking the entire beverage in 3 or 4 quick gulps. The ritual is finished by firmly but gently tapping the cup back onto the saucer.
The tradition in the United States to put an artificial sweetener into coffee (to save a few calories - ba humbug) will not be seen elsewhere. Italians may add sugar to their espresso, even though this beverage is traditionally drunk without any additional flavors so as to savor the true coffee bean flavor.
Coursely or Finely Ground Determines the Brewing Time
The main differences between espresso coffee and drip coffee are the fineness of the grind and the brewing time. The development of espresso machines cuts down the brewing time with its15 atmospheres (ATM) of pressure to force the water through the ground coffee.
A shot of espresso is made by forcing about 1.5 ounces of nearly boiling water through the tightly packed grounds with a tamper. The creaming foam (crema) will be poured into the resulting slightly thick brown liquid.
There are many variables in the process of making a shot of espresso. The temperature of the water, the pressure of the water, the fineness of the ground coffee and how tightly the coffee is packed are just a few.
Espresso coffee is a blend of several different types of coffee beans from different countries. The beans are roasted until they are dark and oily-looking.
Making Drip Coffee
Boiling water drips over coarsely ground coffee held in a filtered holder and drips down into a pot. This process is much slower than the espresso process, and hot water is in contact with the ground coffee for much longer. The resulting larger cup of drip coffee will have more caffeine than the small shot of expresso. Some people may develop of taste for one type of coffee or another.
The Trend Toward Individuality
Each country and culture will be developing their very own culture rather than creating the chain type industry. People want to brand their own name and individuality. They want to stand out from the crowd and attract new customers.
Many flavors abound, especially when making Chai Latte
Shown Above: Whole television series may use the coffee shop as its backdrop.
- RHYTHM & BLUES | Another resource jumping off of HP to YouTube link search for a wow song called, "One Cup Of Coffee & Cigarette by The Lucky Cupids LIVE" that sounds just like Elvis strumming his guitar posted by "TheLuckyCupids." The instrumentalists and vocal include: ANDREJ RUDOLF - Vocal & Rhythm Guitar, MATEVŽ CARNELUTTI on Solo Electric Guitar, GREGA USENIK on Drums and ALEŠ KOLAR on Upright Slap Bass.
- FOR MOVIE BUFFS | "Check out Peyton Sawyer - Coffee and Cigarettes" posted by wallflowericons on YouTube as a collage of scenes from her favorite actress and the tragic incidents in her life. Listed events were when her birth mother died, and her friendship with her best friend ended. Plus, she got shot and she lost two loves in the time span of one year.
Peyton Sawyer- Coffee And Cigarettes
Paired with cigarettes in hand, coffee as a common dual ritual can be seen in movies and read in life stories and fictional works of art.
Comments 13 comments
More to read. . .
- Vietnam Raises The Bar On Coffee Production
Lately, I have been doing some research about coffee. I thought sharing these facts might interest the community. The environmentally friendly mode of coffee growing under the canopy of shade trees has been...
- Coffee Can Be Like Wine
Coffee may be a habit on the rise with benefits. Even France finds increase in gourmet roast.
- Ethnobotanist In Search Of New Australian Coffee Spe...
Ethnobotanist may chance upon a new species or they may be on a hunting expedition. In their scientific study of traditional, cultural, medicinal and even religious knowledge and customs of populations and...
- Today's Coffee Talk On Hypertension HBP and Caffeine
What do we know about heart disease and coffee drinking?
- Fair Trade | Like the price of oil the price of coff...
Coffee prices on the rise with people willing to pay gourmet fair trade varieties for sustainable development of the earth.
- Your Opinion Of Public Smoking and Ban
A matter of opinion. The laws are effecting everyone, every place, every city, state, and country. How far will the laws go?
- Staph Bacteria Lives in Humans But Does Not Harm Eve...
New Research on Staphyloccucus Brings Us Closer To Scientific Answers To Pressing Questions
- Quit Smoking Trends
Homeopathy helps reduce cravings.
- Homeopathy Medicine and Weight Loss with Homeopathic...
Another holistic tool for successful weight loss program. #Homeopathy
About the Author
Debby Bruck, CHOM founded Homeopathy World Community social network. Debby believes that homeopathy is the wave of the future that provides hope and healing to those who have tried every other approach. Follow Debby on Twitter.
Disclaimer: This Information is for Educational Purposes Only
- The information on this blog site is posted for educational purposes only, and not intended to constitute medical or legal advice. As with any important medical or legal matter, you are advised to consult an experienced health care provider and/or knowledgeable attorney concerning your specific health & vaccine exemption or waiver concerns.
- No attorney-client relationship or doctor-patient relationship is intended, implied or created by the posting or viewing of information on this site; nor is a doctor-patient or an attorney-client relationship created by the submission or exchange of questions or information via email or otherwise with Debby Bruck
- Readers are responsible for their use of information provided on this blog or linked to from this site. Debby Bruck assumes no liability for the same.
- Debby Bruck has made reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy of information on this blog site, but absolute accuracy is not guaranteed.
- Always check with your health care provider
More by this Author
- 15How We Learn From Maya Angelou. What Three Situations Teach You The Most About Another Person's Character Traits?
Observing the way others behave in stressful situations teaches a lot about their character, and our own.
A great find in the garden. Morel Mushroom.
Oral mouth cancer incidence keeps rising. Learn about warning symptoms, testing and homeopathic remedies. Educational blog.