The 3 Best Sandwiches To Try this Summer
1. Samshed White Bean Cucumber and Radish Sandwich
1. 1 15.5-oz can cannellini or other white beans, rinsed
2. 2 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
3. 1 tablespoon of olive oil
4. Kosher Salt and Pepper
5. 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh dill
6. 8 slices of whole -grain bread
7. 1/2 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
8. 6 radishes, thinly sliced
9. 1 cup of alfalfa or radish sprouts
How to Prepare it
1. In a medium bowl, using the back of your fork or potato masher, carfully smash the beans with the lemon juice, oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper; then fold in the dill.
2. Form sandwiches with the bread, putting the smashed bean mixture, cucumber, radishes and the sprouts.
1. 1 cup of pimiento-stuffed green olives, finely chopped
2. 2 tablespoons of olive oil
3. 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
4. 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
5. 1/2 teaspoons of dried oregano
6. 1 tablespoon of capers, chopped (if you want)
7. black pepper
8. 1 round bread (aproximetely 8-inches diameter;1lb)
9. 4 oz of thinly sliced capicola ham
10. 4 oz of thinly sliced Genoa salami
11. 2 oz of thinly sliced provolone cheese
What You Need to Do
1. In a medium bowl, put together the olives, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, capers (if using) and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
2. Split the bread in half and scoop out the inside of both the top and bottom, leaving a 3/4-inch thick shell.
3. Spread the olive mixture on the cut sides of the bread and form a large sandwich with the ham, salami and provolone cheese.
4. Wrap the whole sandwich in plastic wrap and place on a big plate or baking sheet. Place a seccond plate or baking sheet on top and put heavy cans on the plate to weigh it down. Refigerate for 6 hours or up to overnight before serving.
3. Roast Beef with Romaine Lettuce and Cherry Pepper Slaw
1. 1/2 small head of Romaine lettuce, thinly sliced crosswise (about 2 1/2 cups)
2. 6 sweet red cherry peppers, thinly sliced
3. 1 tablespoon of olive oil
4. Black pepper
5. 4 hero or hoagie rolls, split
6. 12 oz of thinly sliced roast beef
How to Do It
1. In a bowl, toss the lettuce, peppers, oil and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
2. Make the sandwiches with the rolls, roast beef and the romaine slaw.
4. Ham, pineapple and Fresh Mozzarella Sandwich
1. 8 slices of pumpernickel or other brown bread
2. 8 oz of thinly sliced smoked ham
3. 4 oz of fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
4. 12 thin slices of pineapple
5. 1 to 2 jalapenos (seeded if desired), thinly sliced
6. 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro
How to do this sandwich
1. Form sandwiches with the bread, ham, mozzarella, pineapple, jalapenos, and cilantro.
More by this Author
Mr. Men is a series that contains 48 children's books created by the author, Roger Hargreaves that started in 1971. Out of all of them only two were not published in English. This unique book series includes characters...
The fashion of the 1970's was a time when fashion was evolving in many ways. Women at that time had more freedom of wearing what they wanted when they wanted to. Fashion was also spreading around the world and was also...
Eversince I started learning and reading about Denmark I have been extremetly fascinated by everything the country has to offer from it's beautiful parks, beaches, fods, people, language and of course the places and...