Recipes For That Leftover Grilled Chicken
Smells and Tastes of Grilling
It almost that time of year again, time to get out the grills for those of us who live in a region where is snows and is cold during those winter months. And for the lucky ones who grills year round mouths never stop watering, thinking of the great grilled recipes we've always made. Sales for chicken, beef, and other grilling meats are ongoing in the grocery stores.
Stock up on chicken, it is the most versatile meat for all kinds of menus. Use grilled chicken in the place of cooked chicken that your recipe calls for, the taste of the grilled chicken is intense and makes your normal casserole or dish so much better.
Buy it on sale and Cook it
Typically I have a few packages of chicken in my freezer ~ I grab it when it is on sale. I usually grab the large family sized packages.
When I grill or bake the chicken- we have a meal that first night and for a couple of days after. After that I debone the chicken if needed and package it for freezing. Any recipe that calls for cooked chicken and I am ready..with my bags of baked or grilled chicken in the freezer. And oh what a huge difference the taste is when you add grilled chicken to a recipe.
Chicken is the most amazing food-we use it in soups, stews, casseroles, sandwiches, and on salads; prepared in so many ways. Not only is the taste enjoyed by most everyone but the health benefits are may include:
- Providing 67.6% of the daily value for protein in 4 ounces
- Having anti-inflammatory properties to fight viruses
- A good source of B vitamins
Grilled chicken adds so much taste to your usual chicken recipes. I've found that grilled chicken has so many uses.
- Straight off the grill and ready to feed a hungry crowd. There is no worry about rare, medium, or well done, grilled chicken makes the cleanest of us grab a piece with our fingers and dive into blissful eating.
- Leftovers can be enjoyed many ways. If the chicken makes it through the next day without hungry family members grabbing a piece of cold chicken from the fridge, I will cut up a few pieces into thin slices. Using a Pita Pocket, Bread, or Wrap a sandwich is assembled quickly to satisfy mealtime appetites. Use whatever you have on hand whether it be mayo, salad dressing, mustard, hummus...the possibilities are endless. Add some leafy greens and you are done. During the colder months a Panini is a popular choice-by adding cheese and hardy bread.
- Recipes can be made so much better using grilled chicken instead of canned or browned.
- Freezing is the next option for your grilled wonders. Even if there is only one piece remaining as a left over, again I slice it thin or chunk it up and throw it into a freezer bag. The during the cold winter when even the hardiest won't stand outside to grill, we have amazing grilled chicken available for crumbling over salads, putting into a sandwich, or a truly unique chicken soup. You can taste the grilled flavor no matter what the recipe.
The key to success is when you decide to grill Chicken, purchase a large amount and do it all at once. That way there is plenty for all of your recipe needs.
Cooking Light Chicken Cookbook
Substitute Grilled for cooked or canned
Try using grilled chicken in your own chicken recipes or from a cookbook like this. The grilled taste makes for a wonderful addition. For instance, when searching for something to make for dinner, I had an idea ....
Chicken Pasta Bake
I thawed some of the grilled chicken I had on hand. In a frying pan I sauteed onions in olive oil and pepper and added in the thawed grilled chicken.
Then I boiled up some pasta, the corkscrew type and combined everything into a greased casserole dish along with a regular pasta sauce. I baked that for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. It came out so good, it was a regular pasta bake but the taste of the grilled chicken added so much to it.
or you can make a standard favorite...
Chicken Noodle Casserole
2 Cups Dry Egg Noodles
1 Can Cream of Chicken or Celery or Mushroom...your preference
1 1/2 Cups of Milk
2-3 Chicken pieces cut up small
3/4 Cup Bread Crumbs
Cook Noodles until almost done, drain. Meanwhile, combine the soup, chicken and pepper. Feel free to add whichever spice you desire. Place the soup mixture in a greased 2 quart baking dish, add egg noodles and combine. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
More by this Author
The Cricut Personal Paper Cutter machine has expanded my creativity to no bounds. I am able to create beautiful and meaningful greeting cards with the Cricut. The Cricut cartridges and cardstock are all that I need to...
Birthday cards are something we all give to others throughout the year. Using a Cricut machine you can create a one-of-a-kind card. Homemade cards made with the Cricut are special, fun, and easy to make.
Don't buy Laundry Detergent, make your own! It is easy and only takes about 15 minutes to do. Costs pennies per load. The ingredients are pure with a wonderful smell-no perfumes/dyes.
No comments yet.