The World's Easiest Chili Recipe
This is a great recipe for nights when everyone is eating dinner at different times or for an open house party. Just leave the crock pot on and people can help themselves when they are hungry. I serve this with carrot sticks, crackers, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips.
- 6 cans of any combination of these beans - red kidney, black, butter, pinto
- 2 cans of mild chili beans in sauce (can you hot or medium if you prefer)
- 1 lb of mild Italian ground sausage (can use hot if you prefer)
- 1 lb of ground chuck
- 1 large can (or two regular cans) of tomato sauce
- 1 can of chili ready chopped tomatoes
- 1 can of tomatoes with chili peppers
- 2 small cans of V-8
- Chili pepper to taste (I use about a half a cup)
- garlic, garlic powder or garlic salt to taste
1) Brown the sausage and hamburger and drain.
2) Open up all the cans and dump contents into a crock pot
3) Add chili powder and garlic powder
Cook on low in crock pot for 5-10 hours.
More by this Author
When my son, Daniel, was four and a half, we were desperate. His twin sister had already been potty trained for two years. Daniel has autism, and while he was verbal and considered high-functioning, he really had no...
When a child starts school for the first time, it can be scary for not only the child, but mom and dad too. Having good communication with the child's teacher is crucial. It not only helps ease everyone's anxiety, but...
For a 37 year old, I guess you could say, I've been around. I grew up in a primarily blue-collar steel town just East of St. Louis in Illinois, went to college in northern Indiana at Notre Dame with a great assortment...