- 125g butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup castor sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups Self Raising flour
- 3/4 cup choc-chips
- Preheat oven to 160`C.
- Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in vanilla essence and egg until smooth and well combined.
- Mix in flour until evenly combined.
- Add choc-chips.
- Spoon tablespoons of cookie mixture into balls and place onto greased oven tray, pressing down slightly with a wet fork.
- Bake in moderate oven for 10 - 15 minutes, or until light, golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool before storing in an air-tight container.
- Can be stored for two to three days (if they last that long!).