The best crab cakes recipe on the planet!
Rate this crab cakes recipe!
Why is this crab cake recipe so great?
This crab cake recipe is excellent for the following reasons:
- You need only 3 main ingredients, plus salt to taste and olive oil for frying.
- It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare, start to finish.
- It gives you amazing bragging rights.
Let's get to it!
- 1 can of crab meat
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- a pinch of salt
- Start by preheating the olive oil in the frying pan (up to medium high).
- Open and (this is important!) drain the water from the can of crab meat.
- Mix the crab meat, the egg, and the bread crumbs. Add a pinch of salt to taste. The mixture should be sticky but not watery.
- Scoop the mixture with a spoon, and form into a ball with your hands. Press to flatten into a shape of a cake. If the mixture is too dry, add a teaspoon of olive oil. If the mixture is too moist, add a spoon of breadcrumbs.
- Place the cakes into the frying pan. The cakes should sizzle! If they are not sizzling, then you did not preheat your oil enough. Once you placed the crab cakes in the frying pan, lower the heat to medium, and fry 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Serve with rice during a family meal, or make smaller cakes, pin with tooth picks, and serve as appetizers!
More by this Author
Should you choose a Rottweiler as your first dog? First time dog-owner must do their research.
Everyone turns to Greek Mythology for naming their puppies. Here are a few other ideas to focus your search for that perfect name for your puppy.
How can you raise a puppy without a crate? Should you even try? Going against the popular advice, here comes a different approach to raising a dog.