Leftover Ham bone soup recipe
Rate this recipe!
Don't throw out that holiday ham bone
This recipe is delicious, inexpensive, and so easy. Your family will LOVE this soup. Give it a try, I am sure after you do, this recipe will join your family forever. If you love comforting soups like this you should also try a Fabulous Potato Soup.
The first time I made this soup, my husband had 3 helpings and kept asking when I would make it again. My mother-in-law called me the next day for the recipe, she said she had a Lia Sophia party coming up in February and wanted to serve it then. And the best part, my kids loved it!
I used a ham bone left over from Christmas from Honey Baked Ham, you can also use this for a great Easter meal or any other holiday, as for the rest of the ingredients, I had them on hand. Most of these items you'll probably already have in your pantry.
This recipe is also great with any Ham, chopped, sandwich slices. Use up your leftovers! Especially that expensive left over ham bone!
Easy Mexican Carnitas
- Easy Mexican Carnitas!
A delicious Mexican inspired slow cooker dish. Simple and delicious.
- 1 Ham bone, with some meat
- 1 can tomatoes, undrained peeled and chopped
- 1 can kidney beans, undrained
- 4 potatos, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 2-3 Celery stalks, sliced (this item is optional)
- 1-2 Carrots, sliced into coins (this item is optional)
- 1 dash Garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup if that, top off crock pot
Bust out that crock pot...or buy one if you need one...
- Just throw everything in your handy dandy trusted crock pot. Once all items are in the pot, top off with water (this may or may not be an entire 1/2 cup), stir and cook on low for 8 hours or so. DO NOT add salt or pepper. The ham will salt the soup, add salt or pepper to taste to individual servings.
- Serve with crusty french bread, crackers, salad, or all three! This is optional of course and not needed because this soup eats like a meal.
- Invite some friends and family over and ENJOY!
Stew or soup?
Sometimes I like the soup a little more..."soupy" so I add more water. Usually this soup cooks thick, so if you want it more like a broth based soup, don't be afraid to add more water.
More by this Author
This recipe is great for family cook-outs and holidays. It's easy to make and absolutely delicious, try it and watch it become your families next favorite redskin potato salad recipe!
The easiest, most delicious crockpot roast you'll ever make.
How easy is it to overdose on nicotine? Not as easy as one would think. Learn to recognize the warning signs and symptoms, as well as how to treat a potential overdose.