Perfect crock pot roast
Rate this recipe
The easiest roast you'll ever make
This is the easiest roast, and no matter how much you can't cook, you won't mess this recipe up.
We make this all the time, it's fast, and always delicious.
One of the best meals to feed your family and is great for crowds, or lazy Sunday dinners. This is also a great recipe for beginner cooks who want to appear more advanced than they are!
Add sides of your choice, a great bottle of wine and you have a delicious meal that seems way more fancy and difficult than it really is.
- 1 crock pot large in size (stock pot size)
- 2.5-3 lb boneless beef chuck roast, frozen or thawed, doesn't matter
- 1 pack dry brown gravy mix, less than $1 at Aldi
- 1/2 pack dry ranch dressing mix, less than $1 at Aldi
- 1/2 cup water
Big piece of meat
Throw in crock pot!
Easy as 1-2-3-4-5
- Place frozen or thawed roast into your crock pot
- mix 1 pack of dry gravy with 1/2 pack of dry ranch dressing in a container, and then sprinkle over the top of the roast
- pour 1/2 cup of water around roast. Do not pour on top.
- cook in the crock pot for 8 hours on low.
- when finished slice roast and serve with sides of your choice
Tips and Suggestions
- prep this meal the night before for a really great dinner after a long day. We always have this cooking while we are off working
- Great sides when you lack time-frozen veggies, instant mashed potatoes
- Great sides to dress up this dish- home made mashed red skins, sauteed veggies, baked asparagus
- We buy our dry mixes at Aldi, and they are way cheaper than the big named stores
- I've made this over 20 times and its always perfect, do not be tempted to add more water, the steam from the crock pot being covered makes it perfectly moist
- Make extra gravy to top off roast or potatoes with, if desired
Use the leftovers!
If you have any leftovers, add the remaining meat to a pack of beef gravy and serve over egg noodles for a quick beef stroganoff. With a few sides, such as salad and mashed potatoes you can have another meal! You can also do this with the leftovers, freeze it and eat it in another week for a quick meal when you're short on time!
© 2013 Rebecca
More by this Author
A macaroni & cheese casserole dish, that is absolutely yummy! A wonderful side dish for a casual gathering, or a one pot meal served great with a vegetable.
This recipe is great for family cook-outs and holidays. It's easy to make and absolutely delicious, try it and watch it become your families next favorite redskin potato salad recipe!
Fleas...disgusting, disease ridden, relentless breeding mini vampires. They are miserable to pets & humans. They also have the potential for illness and death. Here's how to destroy them!