Three Unique Ways to Enjoy Pasta
Here are three quick and easy pasta recipes made from fresh ingredients. And they are all very different from each other. One is a tomato sauce, another Just garlic and olive oil, and the last one a creamy sauce made with heavy cream and butter.They are all delightfully tasty. Try them. I don't think you will be disappointed.
Tuna,Tomato and Peas Sauce Spaghetti
A small onion,1 clove garlic, one can of tuna, 4 or 5 very ripe tomatoes or 4 Tbsp tomato paste, 3 Tbsp of olive oil, 1 box of any kind of pasta, 4 or 5 fresh basil leaves or 1 tsp dried basil, a pinch of cayenne, one fourth cup of frozen peas
- Boil water and cook your choice of pasta until cooked al dente.
- Chop the onion and mash the garlic saute in 3 Tbsp of oil until the onion is translucent about 2 to 3 minute.
- Chop the tomatoes skin and all and add it to the garlic and onion saute and cook for 3 minutes and add half a cup of water and cook for another minute.
- drain the water or the olive oil form the tuna and add to the tomato sauce stir until the tuna is blended with the sauce and are in small pieces.
- Add 2 cups of water and cook for about 5 minutes and stir in salt, black pepper, fresh or dry basil, cayenne, frozen peas.
- Simmer for 7 to 10 minutes at low temperature.
- Drain the pasta and add the tuna tomato sauce blend well and serve while still hot.
If you have any left over don’t worry it is not wasted store and enjoy it for lunch the next day. No need to warm it because also delicious cold
If you are a vegan or don't like tuna you can add cooked broccoli.
Simple Garlic Bread Crumbs Pasta
Here is a completely different way of enjoying pasta and it is very simple and quick.
Thin pasta, 3 clove of garlic, half a cup bread crumbs, one forth cup olive oil,2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped, salt and pepper to test.
- Boil the spaghetti until al dente.
- In a wide pan heat the oil and cook the garlic in low until it is very light golden brown about a minute. Make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Add the bread crumbs and parsley and stir and heat for a minute. Keep the heat at low. Add salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the garlic bread crumbs mixture.
- Turn the heat off and mix well until the spaghetti is well coated with bread crumbs, garlic, and olive oil mix.
This dish is for pasta lovers
Creamy Pasta with Broccoli and Mushroom
If you like creamy pasta instead of the usual tomato sauce this one is for you.
1 bunch broccoli florets, about 10 mushrooms sliced, 2 clove garlic crushed, one and half cup of heavy cream, one leak chopped ( you can substitute with 5 or 6 spring onions), half a cup of parsley chopped, quarter of a stick of butter, 2 tbsp of olive oil, penne or any dried pasta, half a cup of cooked peas, half a cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Boil water and drop the pasta in the boiling water and cook until al dente and drain.
- Steam or boil the broccoli for about 2 minutes until just tender.
- In a large pan melt the butter and add the olive oil, garlic, leaks and mushroom and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the pasta, broccoli, peas, parsley, and cream stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese salt and pepper to test heat for another minute and mix well
More by this Author
What is injera or enjira as it is sometimes spelled? Injera is a flat crepe like food that has millions of bubbles or wholes on its surface. In Ethiopia injera is not considered bread. Injera is injera the stuff of...
Most people do not think of rue as a culinary herb. In the west, it is used with great caution as a medicinal herb mostly. That is because it is considered poisonous and very bitter. But rue used to be used extensively...
Grilling fish and chicken on a panini grill is is an easy, quick and healthy way of cooking these foods. It takes about 4 to 10 minutes, doesn't need much oil or butter, excess fat is drained off, and the best part...