3 Soft Tofu Desserts: Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Pudding, Coconut Cake
You might think that tofu is strictly a food used in meals. You may think that it is only salty and served with soy sauce, but what if I were to tell you that you can make a delicious and healthy chocolate pudding, chocolate cake, and coconut cake with tofu? Would you believe me? Tofu is often times used as an egg substitute and this doesn't stop at aking desserts. Silken and soft tofu are wonderful sources of proteins and help cakes and pastries rise just like eggs do. Enjoy these recipes.
Tofu Chocolate Pudding
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar (or Splenda)
- 24.6 oz firm silken tofu (not water-packed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon almond extract
NOTE: Make sure that you don't get water-packed tofu and make sure you get silken tofu, not the regular. A brand that makes this tofu is Mori-Nu.
1. Blend together until smooth.
2. Serve with either mint leaves or put into a pastry shell and serve as a pie.
It's that easy! Isn't it quick. It only takes about five minutes and the only challenge is finding the ingredients.
Tofu Chocolate Cake
- one package of Betty Crocker Super Moist Chocolate Cake Mix (18 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (300 grams) soft tofu
1. Blend together mix and soft tofu until smooth.
2. Add water and then mix again.
3. Put in baking dish and bake according to package directions.
NOTE: Do not add anything that the package tells you to add.
This recipe is even easier than the pudding recipe! Can you imagine having protein in your chocolate cake, and lowering your cholesterol at the same time. This makes the cake much more healthy and lower calorie AND super moist.
Tofu Coconut Cake
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted in microwave)
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 300 grams coconut dessert tofu (two 150 gram packages)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoon vanilla soymilk
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8 by 8 inch baking dish with olive oil.
2. Mix dry ingredients: arrowroot, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a mixing bowl, put tofu, soymlik, melted coconut oil, and organic sugar. Whisk until all mixed.
4. Mix dry and wet ingredients and then fold in shredded coconut. Leave some aside for the top.
5. Pour into baking dish and then sprinkle the teaspoon of sugar on top as well as some extra coconut shreds. Then bake for about 35 minutes.
This one is my personal favorite. It's absoultely delicious, and vegan. If you have any vegan friends, this is a perfect treat to make them on their birthdays.
Don't forget to comment below and to follow.
If you want to learn more about cooking tofu, check out Top 8 Tofu Recipes. These are easy ways to incorporate tofu.
Try Checking These Cool Links Out
- Best Smoothie Recipes: Top Five Delicious Cool Treat...
The summer is known for being hot hot hot, but one of my favorite ways to cool off is with some delicious smoothies. All of these smoothies are tried and tested by yours truly, and these are my five favorites. They are absolutely delicious and...
- The Beach: Health Benefits of Going to the Shore: Th...
We all love going to the beach and relaxing, but did you know that the beach provides countless health benefits too? Help acne, skin smoothness, dandruff, brain strength, and more simply by throwing on a swim suit and driving to the shore. Whether...
- Tips for the Summer: Things You Might Not Know
We are right in the thick of summer, so there is no better time to catch up on some tips that everyone should know for the sunny days. 1. Get a Tan, But Be Safe A lot of people are under the impression that wearing sunscreen automatically means...
More by this Author
Are Starbucks prices and products worth their value? Here are 6 unexpected ways in which you get ripped off at Starbucks.
Tasty drinks, bakery items, and other Starbucks goodies that are the most delicious in each category. New Starbucks customer must read.
Starbucks Gold Level Rewards Card Review: The app, free drinks, stars, refills, and more