Tofu Soup Recipe - Easy and Healthy
soup in 20 minutes.
You can make this simple tofu
This soup is a family favorite and easy to prepare. As long as you have the ingredients on hand, you can throw this delcious soup together on a busy weeknight.
- 8 ounces firm tofu
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 ounce ginger, chopped
- 1 carton ginger broth (or vegetable broth with extra ginger)
- 15 ounce package assorted, frozen vegetables
- 3 tbs. teriyaki sauce
- bunch of fresh cilantro
- spicy sauce, to taste
- Slice the tofu into four sections, lengthwise. Fold the tofu in a towel, so the moisture will be absorbed. Let this sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, and ginger in a bit of the ginger broth (instead of oil).
- Once the onion start to become translucent, stir in the rest of the broth.
- When the broth comes to a boil, add the package of frozen vegetables.
- Reduce the heat, and let the soup simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan over medium-low heat. Add the tofu slabs. If you don't have a non-stick pan, you will need to use a little oil.
- When the tofu turns a golden brown, flip the pieces over. Continue to cook until the other side is also golden brown.
- Remove the tofu from the pan, and let cool for a few minutes.
- Stir the teriyaki sauce into the simmering soup.
- Cut each slab of tofu into four pieces (you will end up with 16 pieces). Add to soup.
- Stir in the desired about of hot sauce and a handful of cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy.
Comments 10 comments
Looking for Soup Bowls?
More by this Author
An easy guide to cook pumpkin puree at home. Once you go fresh, you'll never go back.
Getting together with friends and family is a lot of fun and creates plenty of wonderful memories. But, life is so busy these days that it is difficult to find the time to create the perfect party. How do you throw a...
A beginner's guide to knitting a scarf. This step-by-step guide teaches you how to knit a homemade scarf with directions for knit and purl stitches, two easy scarf patterns, knitting terminology glossary, and valuable...