Recipe | Egg With Tomato
Bengali Name: Tomatamrito
Don’t try to find the Bengali name in the net. You wouldn’t find it, because the name has just been given by me! (Tomato +Amrito). Amrito means elixir - A substance believed to cure all ills. But don’t be afraid of, I have tried it several times personally and my children are fond of this preparation.
Ingredients Serve for 2 - 4
- Fine red tomatoes 250 gm
- Mustard seed 1 tsp
- Mustard oil 2 tbsp
- Egg 2 no
- Turmeric powder 1/s tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and chop tomatoes
- Take oil in a pan and put it on low flame till smoke starts coming out.
- Add mustard seeds – keep safe distance as the mustard should crack.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Add turmeric powder and salt.
- Stir and put lid on the pan.
- Keep stirring frequently and cook it on low flame till it turns into a paste.
- Check for the seasoning and add more salt if required.
- Add eggs (Both yolk and white portion) and keep stirring so that it gets mixed up evenly.
- Cook for another 2 -3 minutes (keep stirring).
- Serve with fine rice. Normally it is taken after the spicy curries.
More by this Author
It is simply unbelievable! Losing eight pounds in a single week! But it is true and personally I have loosened eight pounds in a single week by following the GM Diet plan. I had no faith in weight loosing...
This is a TV serial of India in Hindi Language aired by Color Television Channel since December 1, 2008. In the first six months the show revolved around two small girls Ichcha and Tapasya who were from totally...
‘Holding the horse’s reins in her teeth, flashing the sword with both the hands, the valiant firebrand, legendary heroine, the Goddess of war, and the epitome of female bravery in India, Maharani Lakshmi Bai...