Topping Ideas for Steaks, What to Put on Top of a Good Steak!
A Fried Egg Really Does Make Everything Taste Better!
- BBQ Steak on Arugula Salad - The Perfect Summer Meal...
Grilled steak and arugula salad - the perfect summer BBQ meal. An easy recipe that can be made in minutes!
- How to cook a flat iron steak
The flat iron steak is a relative newcomer in the butchers counter, and it wasn't until a few years ago at a university of Nebraska program looking at undervalued cuts of meat that anyone even realized the...
- Cuts of steak explained. Which kind of steak is best...
A lot of people have trouble with meat. They like the idea of a great steak, and they have a general notion that the more expensive the steak, the better it is…but more than that…who knows! ...
- Steak house secrets. Make great steak at home every ...
BBQ season is thankfully here again, and it's hard to beat a great steak; but steak can also get pretty expensive, so you want to make sure that you're doing everything right to ensure that you get great...
A perfect, dry aged steak off the grill needs nothing more than a little salt and pepper...but for most of us, most of the steaks we eat don’t quite fall into the dry aged, ultra premium, breaking the bank, category - Which is perfectly all right, as you can do far worse than a nicely grilled sirloin on a hot summer night, right?
Here are some steak topping ideas for summer nights when you're serving steak that’s gonna’ be pretty darn tasty, but that wouldn’t be harmed by a little something complementary gracing the top.
It’s the little things that make the difference between great cooks and good cooks – little things like serving a nice steak plain Jane, or serving that same steak topped with a little blue cheese butter!
Steak Topping Ideas
- Mushrooms, sautéed in butter
- Worchester sauce, it’s an oldie but still a goodie…for those of you feeling inspired, try making you own Worcester sauce!
- Butter, you can’t go wrong with butter. A simple pat of plain butter adds an appealing richness to just about any grilled steak, but compound butters are even better. Try a mixture of half butter and half gorgonzola, melting slowly over a thick rib eye as it comes to the table. Heaven on a plate.
- Crumbled blue cheese
- A drizzle of really good extra virgin olive oil, some freshly squeezed lemon juice and some crunchy sea salt
- A chimichurri sauce, or any other green sauce of based on extra virgin olive oil and fresh herbs (salsa verde)
- Béarnaise, béarnaise, béarnaise….if you can spare the calories, this is as good as it gets
- A sprinkling of crumbled feta
- Herb or garlic butters
- Caramelized onions, on the top
- Sliced steak with an arugula or spinach salad on top
- Truffle butter, butter mixed with a little truffle oil (or for those with BIGGER WALLETS, use real truffles!)
- Shavings of real parmesan cheese
- Horseradish – freshly grated to knock their socks off!
- Topped with slices of bacon…it’s a bit indulgent, but you can’t argue with the taste that bacon adds to pretty much everything
- Dijon mustard
- A tart tomato, radish, cilantro and lemon juice salsa
- Guacamole (good with sliced skirt or flank steak)
- Roasted tomato salsa
- Soy sauce
- Hot sauce
- A fried egg - Yes, a fried egg improves just about anything…
These are just a few ideas to get you started on days when ordinary steak for dinner just doesn’t sound exciting (you know you’re spoiled when…!)
More by this Author
An easy recipe for perfect, crispy and crunchy, golden brown beer battered fish and chips!
10 easy variations on everyday boiled potatoes
A lot of people have trouble with meat. They like the idea of a great steak, and they have a general notion that the more expensive the steak, the better it is…but more than that…who knows?! I...