Brownie Pie for Chocolate Lovers
Quick Brownie Pie with Toffee
Easy Brownie Pie
I've made lots of desserts for my chocolate loving husband, but I've never been able to top this one. No one would ever guess it is so easy to make. The best part is that you can easily have all the ingredients in your refrigerator so that you can whip this up for a quick company dinner or to celebrate a special occasion. Top with vanilla ice cream and caramel and hot fudge sauce for a Truffle Toffee Brownie Sundae!
Best Brownie Dessert
Rate this Brownie Dessert
- 1 pie crust, use ready-made or try my recipe below
- 1 Brownie Mix, (any kind works)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 TB butter
- 2 TB milk or cream
- 1/2 cup toffee bits or broken toffee bar candy
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Put pie crust into a deep dish pie plate. Put brownie mix in a bowl and add 2 eggs, water and oil. Mix well with a fork and pour into the pie crust and smooth the top.
- Bake pie at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour. Pie is done when middle is no longer liquid. Take out pie.
- Make Truffle topping by putting 1 cup chocolate chips, 2 TB butter and 2 TB milk in a microwave dish. Microwave for one minute and stir until ingredients are well combined (you may need to microwave a bit more if the chips are not all melted).
- Pour truffle topping onto warm pie and spread over the top. Sprinkle toffee bits or chopped toffee candy on top.
- Pie is wonderful warm or cold. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. Truffle brownie pie makes a great birthday pie for someone who loves chocolate!
Oil Pie Crust
This is an easy crust to make and it is very tasty and flakey, but it has some limitations. You must roll it between wax paper and use the wax paper to flip it into the pie pan because it tends to crumble otherwise. Actually, if you want to use this for small tarts, you can just press the crust into the tart pan.
2 cups flour
1 ½ tea. Salt
½ cup oil
¼ cup milk
Mix all ingredients with a fork until it presses into a ball. Put dough on a sheet of wax paper. Put another piece of wax paper on top and roll out until it is a circle about 1” bigger around than your pie plate. Take of the first piece of wax paper and then turn the dough over paper-side-up in the pie pan. Peel off the paper. Fit pastry into the pan. Make the crust edges look nice by pressing them together or by using a fork to press into them. If the dough comes apart, you can just press it together. Fill and bake.
Note: My friend Marla who gave me this recipe suggested pre-cooking any filling that you can before baking (such as fruit pie filling).
What is your favorite kind of chocolate?See results without voting
More by this Author
Crunchy, flavored, gourmet popcorn recipe is quick and easy to make. Can make sugar free. Lots of flavor and party ideas! Easy for kids.
Quick and Easy Egg White Cookies made 3 ways with lots of variations. Gluten and Sugar free recipes included.
Over 100 great problem solution essay or proposal paper topic ideas, plus sample essays and links to articles on how to write an excellent paper!