Tuna Italian Casserole
If you love good comfort food, this Italian tuna casserole will fulfill your comfort needs. It's great for cold fall or winter nights, but certainly spring and summer are appropriate as well. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 - 10 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 - 6 1/2 can tuna, drained
- 4 oz. Country Pasta Homemade Style Egg Noodles (Costco)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced or chopped
- 1/4 can sliced olives, drained
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Sprinkiling of Paprika
- 1 can evaporated milk
- Optional ingredients:
- 1 small can green chili peppers
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 small package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- bread crumbs for top
- Saute onions in pan and set aside.
- Cook noodles with just a little firmness is left and drain.
- In buttered casserole dish, combine all ingredients except parsley and paprika.
- Sprinkle parsley and paprika on top.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees.
* An alternate to cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup would be a cup of chicken broth mixed with a little corn starch. That will cut a few calories and fat.
More comfort food recipes from Lambservant
More by this Author
If you love brussels sprouts and are looking for a new way to cook them, try this out. To die for.
Food labels can be very deceptive. Ingredients can be disgusting. Instructions can be silly. Marketing is ridiculous. Read labels and see for yourself!
As as a late stage middle-ager gaining quickly on senior citizenhood, I can see the value of laughing at myself. And these tidbits of senior aging will make you laugh with glee.