Turkey Quiche Recipe
Turkey Fritatta or Crust-less Quiche
This past week after cooking a turkey, I wanted to make something different with the leftovers for dinner. I had turkey soup simmering on the stove and still had some turkey left. I wasn't sure whether to call this a quiche or a frittata so I named it both. After dinner I'm happy to say "Real Men do eat quiche."
This is very easy to make, and what I like about it is that there is no crust at all.
This recipe would work with chicken and mushrooms, ham, sausage or bacon.
- 3 1/2 cups of broccoli florets steamed
- 3 1/2 cups of Old Cheddar Cheese
- 1 small - medium onion chopped
- 3 - 4 Garlic cloves sliced thin
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped cooked turkey
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Dashes of hot sauce (I used slap ya mama)
- 1 TBS. of vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 Cup of milk
Cooked and Ready to Serve
Lets start cooking!
- Start by steaming your broccoli. Once done put aside.
- Grate the cheese and put aside.
- Chop onions and garlic, then saute them in oil until the onions are translucent.
- Add to the steamed broccoli florets. Add chopped turkey.
- Beat 8 eggs with 1/4 cup of milk, fresh ground pepper and hot sauce.
- Grease a 9" X 12" oven safe casserole dish and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add the broccoli, onion and turkey mixture to the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Cover the mixture with 1/2 of the grated cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top and then sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
- Put into the oven for approximately 20 - 25 minutes or until a knife inserted into the frittata comes out clean.
- Cool before cutting and serving.
This dish can be made ahead of time, and easily reheated.
Please rate this recipe
Caesar Salad Anyone
- Spinach and Caesar Homemade Salad Dressings
Caesar Salad Dressing two versions on how to make this dressing. Spinach Salad Dressing with a Greek flair. Homemade dressings are less costly and healthier.
Recipe by Realhousewife
- Chicken Flamingo - My Favorite Copycat Recipe!
My husband's favorite dish is Chicken Flamingo from Pasta House. He said, "if you learn to make that - I will marry you!" I did learn to make it - and I have adapted it and perfected it. Don't forget - "the way to a man's heart is through his stomach
Recipe by barbergirl28
- Restaurant quality dinner - easy to make at home... Rachel Ray recipe sure to please
Looking for a meal that will look like you spent hours slaving over the stove? This Rachel Ray recipe is sure to impress everybody who tries it.
More by this Author
Recipe for potato bacon soup that is just like Tim Hortons or even better. Easy and fast to make.
A step by step recipe with pictures for making a one pot meal that includes; cabbage, carrots, potatoes and onions.
In this easy to follow recipe I've added other ingredients to Zatarain's Jambalaya mix to make it go further and feed more people. Pictures included with recipe.