Cow Milk Free Blueberry Cobbler and Muffins Recipes
Nothing's Better than a Blueberry Breakfast Recipe, Especially if it is Cow Milk Free!
• Do you like blueberries in breads, muffins, pancakes, and desserts? ☺
• Do like to find new blueberry recipes that are healthy? ☺
• Do you like to eat a healthy breakfast everyday just as you know you should? ☺
• Do you need cow's milk free blueberry recipes? ☺
• Do you like having make ahead recipes on hand for cow milk free breakfasts and snacks? ☺
• Do you want more of the health benefits that come from eating the amazing fruit we call blueberry? ☺
• Do you want a new excuse to eat blueberries or enjoy a morning muffin? ☺
• Do you want a recipe that will allow you to surprise a blueberry loving friend? ☺
• Do read on, then! ☺
☺☺☺ You Forgot The Blueberries! ☺☺☺
Healthy and Hearty Milk Free Blueberry Breakfast Recipes
Southern heat can make picking blueberries a daunting task, but taking advantage of the season is well worth it and sometimes we are rewarded with a trip to the farm right after a cooling rain.
Often, we will just eat them fresh until all the picking and freezing is taken care of, meaning we have lots of blueberry smiles to share in the process. While fresh really is best, fresh or frozen blueberries make for great baked-goods.
When a coolish air blows through, it's time to do double-time and get a little baking in on the side. Even a little drop in temperatures inspires me to get busy with baking though I may be tired from the business of picking berries and packaging them for the freezer.
The first of these two recipes is my breakfast blueberry cobbler complete with eggs and a the low sugar content that we need to strive for if we want to eat healthy. The second is another breakfast delight--my muffin recipe that is full of good-stuff surprises for chocolate lovers.
Hope you enjoy these cow milk free recipes as much as we do. I will be having a fresh-baked muffin with decaf in just a bit! Then, it will be so nice to pop a few in the freezer and have them handy on the weekends for easy as pie breakfast meals.
☺ Blueberry Muffins for Kids ☺
Easy Blueberry Breakfast Cobbler
- 4 Cups Blueberries, Fresh or Frozen
- 2 Eggs, Large
- 3 Teaspoons Stevia, Truvia/Sweet Leaf
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 3/4 Cup Baking Mix, Non-Dairy (Can be Homemade)
Put it Together:
- Preheat over to 400º.
- Coat an 8x8 glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spread the blueberries in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Combine the eggs and then mix in the remaining ingredients one at a time.
- Bake approximatey 45 minutes until the crust is nicely browned. Test dough with a toothpick to make sure it is done.
- Cool about 30 minutes before serving, or cool and cover to store in refrigerator so the berries don't turn.
A Zero Cow's Milk Baking Mix Recipe:
Check out this baking mix recipe if you want to make it cow milk free at home.
• ~~~☺~~~~~~☺~~~~~~☺~~~ •
Morning Surprise Blueberry Muffins
Two for one here! Take a look at another cow milk free recipe:
If you like both chocolate and coconut you will be pleasantly surprised to find them in these hearty blueberry muffins. I developed the recipe last week and have so far received rave reviews on it.
• Preheat oven to 350º.
• Prepare a 12 cup muffin tin with liners.
1/2 C whole wheat flour
1 C oat flour
1/2 C white flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
5 T cocoa powder
1/2 C grated coconut
2/3 C brown sugar
1/4 C coconut oil, melted
1 egg, room temperature
1/4 C coconut oil, melted
1 egg, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 C chocolate almond milk, room temperature
1 1/2 C blueberries
Combine flours, baking soda, cinnamon, cocoa, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
Stir in melted coconut oil just until ingredients begin to be crumbly.
Add vanilla, egg, and milk, but do not over mix. If the dough seems too dry, stir in a tablespoon of milk just until you have a lumpy batter.
Fold in blueberries.
Fill liners 3/4 full.
Bake approximately 14-16 minutes. Chocolate dries out and burns easily so be careful not to overcook these muffins!
Which is your favorite kind of muffin?See results without voting
A Different Blueberry Cobbler
☺ ☺ MORE FOOD! ☺ ☺
Healthy food is our body's best fuel. Let the following links lead you to happy eating:
• Blueberries, diet, and health for your information.
• Some benefits of blueberries for our health's sake.
• Cinnamon rolls with blueberries, a yum recipe for everyone.
• A gluten free Brownie Recipe (sans blueberries, but still yum).
• Using Celtic Sea Salt (check it out for your blueberry recipes).
• Blue Agave is a healthier sugar substitute that works well In blueberry recipes.
• It is official, blueberries are a heart healthy food for us to enjoy!
What Kind of Blueberry Pie?
☺ ☺ ☺ Recipes! ☺ ☺ ☺
More by this Author
Basil makes this savory scone recipe unique. It's great for those who like a hearty breakfast, perfect for a brunch menu, and yet it would make an aromatic dessert for a dinner party.
My garbanzo banana bread is a new treat that bakes up dense and hearty, yet still delicious. GF and milk free, this chick pea flour bread suits many peoples' needs and tastes.
Creating a crochet edge on flannel for a baby blanket is an easy craft project that makes well-recieved presents. This is Number 3 in a series on crochet edging baby gifts