Uncle Tom's Deliriously Delicious Pimento Cheese
What do you think?
Can't get enough pimento cheese?
If you can't get enough pimento cheese, the solution is to make your own. It's not hard and with a little experimentation with these ingredients, you'll be able to create your own perfect custom recipe. Nothing like having a big food-saver bowl of this lovely stuff for a quick sandwich or as a topping for crackers.
Homemade Pimento Cheese
- 8 ounces Medium sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces Cream cheese
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 5 large Black olives, diced
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise, (the good kind)
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Sweet pickle juice
- 1/4 cup Sweet pickle relish
- Put everything but the cheddar cheese in a food processor and blend. Pulse repeatedly until the ingredients are blended, but not liquified. Over-blending the mixture could get watery.
- Grate the cheddar cheese and fold into the mixture in the food processor. Pulse the mixture a few times to reach the texture you want.
- Chill a half hour before serving
More by this Author
Looking to cut the red meat out of your diet. Going vege? Here's an old Chinese substitute for meat you can make at home economically.
You can substitute oatmeal for meat in your meals, lower your grocery costs and fight cholesterol at the same time with a delicious main dish made from humble oatmeal. Who'd have guessed?
We built one of these bad boys at summer camp the first year I taught canoeing. For a final exam I took the kids on a river trip - an innovation that worried my camp director. Fortunately, this was back in those...
No comments yet.